Maclin to Kentucky

MCMLXXX

3 minutes ago, Udomann said:

I guess it's a step up. But he could have done better than Kentucky. Must of been the money.

Did you ever consider that was, in fact, not the money? Penn State, Ole Miss, Texas A&M and South Carolina offered and he still picked a basketball school. Maybe he just likes the fit at Kentucky.

• Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Did you ever consider that was, in fact, not the money? Penn State, Ole Miss, Texas A&M and South Carolina offered and he still picked a basketball school. Maybe he just likes the fit at Kentucky.

Penn State definitely probably not a good fit.  They aren’t known for slinging the ball around and then you might have bad luck with weather.  At A&M  competition for playing time should be tough with the recruiting classes they’ve brought in.  He might like the fit more but I would still be a little surprised that out of the teams that offered if Kentucky wasn’t the least the second highest.  Because I doubt he would be 1st on depth chart at Ole Miss, A&M or Penn State.

Edited by Meangreen Fight
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Meangreen Fight said:

Penn State definitely probably not a good fit.  They aren’t known for slinging the ball around and then you might have bad luck with weather.  Competition for playing time should be tough with the recruiting classes they’ve brought in.  He might like the fit more but I would still be a little surprised that out of the teams that offered if Kentucky wasn’t the least the second highest.  Because o doubt he would be 1st on depth chart at Ole Miss, A&M or Penn State.

Agree 100%. Kentucky has done well lately and he should get immediate playing time. They recently had a WR transfer get drafted in the 2nd round so the NFL potential is there. And like @GoGreenBeanssaid, they got a big QB transfer and it appears he was part of the Maclin recruitment.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Udomann said:

I guess it's a step up. But he could have done better than Kentucky. Must of been the money.

Well, Shorter, allegedly, got $40k for one ten yard pass (he did play in 7 games apparently). If Kentucky paid Maclin a paltry amount as a depth piece, short sighted imo. If they gave him a big payday for his last year, I kinda get it. Especially if you don't think you're gonna make it in the NFL, which Maclin might not.

I think the saddest reality is they may have given him the paltry amount and he bet on that versus himself and his ability to show himself here.

It’s interesting because once they choose to leave my school I just don’t care. Don’t need to hear about their stats where they landed blah blah. Not upset they moved on. But they are gone. Interested who is excited to wear the patch next season.

GMG 

• Upvote 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

12 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

blaming NIL exclusively is their security blanket. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2