The NT Purge of 2023

Jonnyeagle

• 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Venson said:

I know Oscar has landed at South Carolina, but is there any news on where Ayo Adeyi landed or is he still in the portal waiting for a home?

He is receiving interest from schools, but hasn't landed anywhere yet.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/5/2024 at 10:09 AM, Venson said:

I know Oscar has landed at South Carolina, but is there any news on where Ayo Adeyi landed or is he still in the portal waiting for a home?

I too was a fan of Ayo and hated to lose him.  Any news on where he will land?  Is there any chance he can be invited back or once you leave you can't come back?  I have seen differing opinion on here.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, cousin oliver said:

I too was a fan of Ayo and hated to lose him.  Any news on where he will land?  Is there any chance he can be invited back or once you leave you can't come back?  I have seen differing opinion on here.

I’ve checked his Twitter and he’s been radio silent on his recruitment for nearly a month now. He can return if he’s in the portal, players are allowed to withdraw. I’d accept him with open arms if he does want to return 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/6/2024 at 5:52 PM, GoGreenBeans said:

I’ve checked his Twitter and he’s been radio silent on his recruitment for nearly a month now. He can return if he’s in the portal, players are allowed to withdraw. I’d accept him with open arms if he does want to return 

Well, Adeyi just broke that silence. Committed to James Madison University

• Confused 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, UNTFB5 said:

I think some of them withdraw and come back, just testing the waters.

Per 247, these are the current players in the portal without new schools. I'm not sure if any come back. A few never played and were more than likely told to enter the portal.

Trey Cleveland (no reported offers)

Christian Lee (rumored to be hanging it up)

Sifa Leota (multiple FCS and a few CUSA schools have offered)

Dillon Williams (no reported offers)

Joshua Smith (no reported offers)

Dorian Morris (no reported offers)

Isaiah Johnson (offer from ACU)

Edited by jtm0097
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

Once you enter the portal the coach has no obligation to offer you your scholarship back.

If the coaches encouraged players to enter the portal . . . you're right, they technically still have no obligation to take them back.  But it feels dirty.  I view that a whole lot differently than when a player has decided he's too good for North Texas.

9 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

If the coaches encouraged players to enter the portal . . . you're right, they technically still have no obligation to take them back.  But it feels dirty.  I view that a whole lot differently than when a player has decided he's too good for North Texas.

Both sides now view this as a strict business decision. Players will come and go as they please and teams will no longer keep around players that they do not believe will contribute. I have a feeling at some point in the future we will look back and find out that just as many players were hurt by this process as benefited by the process.

• Upvote 1