NIL Competition

Wag Tag

Who do we compete against and how in the NIL world. I feel in the AAC, as far as financial and facilities we should be in the top 1/4's of the conference, C-USA and lower we should be able to dominate. The P5 conference I hope we can compete by offering less money and starting, or maybe even being a star on the team and conference. I'm sure this is what they are telling and offering Rod. At 6' (?) tall how many P5's are going to offer $1m at 6'2" he would be gone. I love the guy! GMG

Edited by Wag Tag
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

On 12/1/2023 at 10:12 AM, MeanGreen22 said:

Off topic but still regarding NIL. I was just looking at this and spot the difference between our 2 NILs. Shout out to the MGC for making it extremely easy to support our athletes. 

IMG_6620.png

IMG_6619.png

I noticed this, too. The LTTC does not make it easy, but I also don’t feel like it’s for small time donors either.  I could be wrong…it’s just a feeling based on the website

The LTTC seems more focused on big money donors and businesses. 

The MGC appears to be initially focused on basketball and makes it easier for smaller donors to get involved via the payment mechanism.

It would be really interesting/scary to see what our NIL budget is for average football/basketball player and compare that to the rest of the conference.

I feel certain we are well short of where we need to be.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Glory to the Green said:

I noticed this, too. The LTTC does not make it easy, but I also don’t feel like it’s for small time donors either.  I could be wrong…it’s just a feeling based on the website

That’s fine if that’s how they want to play it. But when you have the school directly promoting the collective, need to make it clear and easy how to donate. Feel like UNT has always been a school for the “little guys” so I’m happy to continue donating to MGC bc I like their approach of “no donation too small”. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

And what about the MGSF?

A different animal than a collective. The MGSF is purely for scholarships and is administered by the school. Collectives can’t be run by the school and are supposed to pay for marketing opportunities. Actually, they are just slush funds.