Matthew Stone!!

Jonnyeagle

57 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

He misses he takes hit and hits some and he takes heat, guy cant win.

I don't think anyone is mad at what he did. Glad he finally showed some offense. Just didn't deserve its own thread with such an outrageous title. Unless it was tongue in cheek, which I can't tell on here.

If we wanna create threads about single players we should have 2 already for my boy A Scott.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BigWillie said:

I don't think anyone is mad at what he did. Glad he finally showed some offense. Just didn't deserve its own thread with such an outrageous title. Unless it was tongue in cheek, which I can't tell on here.

If we wanna create threads about single players we should have 2 already for my boy A Scott.

Dude's been in a huge slump. Let's hope he finally snaps out of it and starts to turn things around. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, BigWillie said:

I think we just expect excellence from Scott. Same with others. Stone is the one guy we feel we can't get consistent offense from. If we can start getting an efficient 6 points per game from him, that's a huge deal. Means teams have to defend all 5 when he's on the court instead of leaving him open and it means he can eat a few more minutes for others to rest more.

Edited by GMG_Dallas

1 hour ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I think we just expect excellence from Scott. Same with others. Stone is the one guy we feel we can't get consistent offense from. If we can start getting an efficient 6 points per game from him, that's a huge deal. Means teams have to defend all 5 when he's on the court instead of leaving him open and it means he can eat a few more minutes for others to rest more.

I can understand that, but why give him so many chances versus others like Moore? Someone else on here mentioned it last week also. I want all our players to succeed,  but I will say I guess Stone is doing something in practice very special because his chance seems to have a long leash. 

I saw that last season on the court where he was defending well. This season, not as much. I know it was only 2 games, but still question why others aren't getting a chance.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BigWillie said:

I can understand that, but why give him so many chances versus others like Moore? Someone else on here mentioned it last week also. I want all our players to succeed,  but I will say I guess Stone is doing something in practice very special because his chance seems to have a long leash. 

I saw that last season on the court where he was defending well. This season, not as much. I know it was only 2 games, but still question why others aren't getting a chance.

Christian Moore > Matthew “Pump Fake Pass” Stone 

• Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Big Z said:

Christian Moore > Matthew “Pump Fake Pass” Stone 

What is all the Christian Moore love based on?   I’m asking, because I honestly don’t know…I’ve attended more than my fair share of North Texas basketball games the past several seasons and have honestly yet to see enough of him to make me say “yeah, that guy should be on the court more.” 

Is he doing something in practice I’m not privy to, or is this just a case of “potential” that people are banking on?  I ask because his playing time is consistently brought up as an issue.  

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

What is all the Christian Moore love based on?   I’m asking, because I honestly don’t know…I’ve attended more than my fair share of North Texas basketball games the past several seasons and have honestly yet to see enough of him to make me say “yeah, that guy should be on the court more.” 

Is he doing something in practice I’m not privy to, or is this just a case of “potential” that people are banking on?  I ask because his playing time is consistently brought up as an issue.  

I think it is based on what he has done with the minutes he is given. Candidly, I don't know that we have really seen enough of him to know if he can consistently be good, but everytime he comes in he scores, something that can't be said for Stone. 

Now, on the flip side, I am not sure if his defense or effort matches Stone and maybe that's why we don't see him Moore. 😏 

2 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

What is all the Christian Moore love based on?

Based on the limited action last season, I assumed he would take the next step to get more playing time this year.  He seemed to have good ball control. 

Im glad Stone contributed last night. Hitting some shots will force others to defend him and not play off of him. To me, it feels as though he’s best suited to give Scott a break. It would depend on the matchup, though.