***Official UNT vs. SMU In-Game Discussion (THE FINALE)***

Coach Andy Mac

29 minutes ago, ADLER said:

Hover your cursor over the name rimjobo . A large box will open with a smaller box in the bottom right corner labeled IGNORE. Click that.

It's not mean, especially when Cougar Queen, DentonStang and a few other trolls could really use the company.

Hey I've been ranting on the SMU A boards. Haven't had the chance to troll over here

• Haha 1

Just now, Cr1028 said:

Are you serious? Of course he does. He found a way, sometimes by luck or circumstance, to have us in a bowl every single season he was here except for one. He had us in two conference title games. Yes we lost all the bowl and title games but at least we had a seat at the table under Littrell. 

As for Morris.

sucks-happy-gilmore.gif

Freaking ridiculous to assume that the record wouldn’t be exactly the same.  Never got a QB to play as well as Rogers after his first one graduated.  Bean was talented enough to start here and he couldn’t coach him up.  Phil Bennett was brought into fix the defense but only put duck tape on it.  And I am not sure Phil sticks around to finish the defense rebuild with Seth as a lame duck coach.  You want to extend Seth again HOPING he sneaks the team into another irrelevant bowl at 6-6? No thank you.  Seth is not getting more out of this roster moreover he probably doesn’t switch to Rogers.   This is a 1000% stupid hypothetical assertion that Seth would be any better. 

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Meangreen Fight said:

Freaking ridiculous to assume that the record wouldn’t be exactly the same.  Never got a QB to play as well as Rogers after his first one graduated.  Bean was talented enough to start here and he couldn’t coach him up.  Phil Bennett was brought into fix the defense but only put duck tape on it.  And I am not sure Phil sticks around to finish the defense rebuild with Seth as a lame duck coach.  You want to extend Seth again HOPING he sneaks the team into another irrelevant bowl at 6-6? No thank you.  Seth is not getting more out of this roster moreover he probably doesn’t switch to Rogers.   This is a 1000% stupid hypothetical assertion that Seth would be any better. 

I would bet my house that Seth Littrell’s team at the very least beats FIU this year which Morris could not do.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

Just now, Cr1028 said:

I would bet my house that Seth Littrell’s team at the very least beats FIU this year which Morris could not do.

I understand having some confidence that he gets us past FIU.  With Morris mismanaging that game they still almost came back.  But betting your house would be incredibly stupid.  You forget Rogers didn’t start that game and they still almost came back to beat FIU.  Furthermore the switch to Rogers is something I strongly doubt he does especially in the middle of the game.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

If Chandler Morris starts that game, yes. 

But Seth didn’t like quarterbacks that weren’t pension eligible 

I don’t think Rogers comes to UNT if Seth is still here. It would’ve been either Earle, Head, a new transfer, or they would’ve tried to talk Aune into his last season of eligibility. 

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Meangreen Fight said:

I understand having some confidence that he gets us past FIU.  With Morris mismanaging that game they still almost came back.  But betting your house would be incredibly stupid.  You forget Rogers didn’t start that game and they still almost came back to beat FIU.  Furthermore the switch to Rogers is something I strongly doubt he does especially in the middle of the game.

Why would you expect differently against FIU? We beat them 52-14 last season and 49-7 the year before that. 

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, Travis said:

What was insanity was basically hiring the exact same coach as SL in CM and expecting it to somehow be better. 

It’s worse because Morris is more air raid than Littrell was. Littrell recognized its limitations and began moving to the Briles offensive style.

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1

1 minute ago, Cr1028 said:

I don’t think Rogers comes to UNT if Seth is still here. I would’ve been either Earle, Head, a new transfer, or they would’ve tried to talk Aune into his last season of eligibility. 

So that does not square with your confidence that Seth led 2023 team would be significantly better.  The offense wouldn’t be nearly as good and the defense is probably ranked near 100 or worse. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Why would you expect differently against FIU? We beat them 52-14 last season and 49-7 the year before that. 

Because teams aren’t frozen in time.  Rosters change and coaches learn.  Their coach was a rookie last year and would probably have new strategies for the things Seth & his staff liked to do.  To expect the same results with lessor players at key positions on offense and defense isn’t logical. FIU already has the same number of wins they had last year.   Seth teams were not on an upward trend.

Edited by Meangreen Fight
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Some of you seemed to think NT had a real chance against one of the best teams that can be bought. 

I don't like NT losing to anyone, but SMU probably bothers me the less.   The average starting SMU player probably is paid more than NT's average coach.  

I don't care if NT ever plays SMU again in anything.  The Mustangs can enjoy their home crowds that will probably be less than 5,000 fans and their away following that will number less than 500.  

In fact if I was an AD of a Texas school, I would boycott any games with the ponies.  Why help a school/team that has enough money to buy anything including most of the players that are being recruited.   

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

13 minutes ago, Meangreen Fight said:

Because teams aren’t frozen in time.  Rosters change and coaches learn.  Their coach was a rookie last year and would probably have new strategies for the things Seth & his staff liked to do.  To expect the same results with lessor players at key positions on offense and defense isn’t logical. FIU already has the same number of wins they had last year.   Seth teams were not on an upward trend.

Check the records every year from the disastrous 2019 season until last year and you will see that they were absolutely on an upward trend, just not quickly enough for the pitchfork crowd.

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Meangreen Fight said:

So that does not square with your confidence that Seth led 2023 team would be significantly better.  The offense wouldn’t be nearly as good and the defense is probably ranked near 100 or worse. 

The offense Bloesch and Littrell ran didn’t require a Chandler Rogers. It made fantastic use of our outstanding running backs, offensive line, and tight ends.

• Upvote 4