Wren Baker

2 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

He did this, and I know this has been talked about before, but him holding his tongue after the disaster start in 2021 is the reason we are in this situation.

end of story.

Agreed. He did good things here but he really screwed us in the end. Should have fired Littrell years ago so we aren’t experimenting with a new staff our first year in a new conference 

• Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

With the portal these days Seth should have been gone halfway through last season at the latest and we should have had a coach lined up to start getting his people in place with time to secure the players he needed. I think the writing has been on the wall ever since Morris spent his money on a recruiting staff that won't payoff for a year and I think we are screwed now. 

Won’t pay off for years. Years. 

7 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I love Zach as much as the next Green-blooded fan, but he is coaching in the NFL.  Why would he come back here?

As head coach MAYBE.  But those conversations have to start early and you can’t be holding onto a mediocre coach all season and a a real coach with big times options take your program seriously.  I mean seriously if you were a coach that didn’t know a lot about UNT football. Would you think they were serious about winning?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

Meh. Littrell had this ding dong program in a championship game last year. We just let FIU hang 500 yards on us. Sometimes people forget who the hell we are. Seth was a good coach. Morris ain’t. Grass isn’t always greener. 

Seth had the easiest schedule I can remember last year and I believe most of these players are his recruits. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

No way we lose tonight under Seth Littrell.  Remember, less than 1 year ago: 52-14.  Not saying I want him back though.

I don't know the answer to that, they seemed much bigger.

But the late fire of Seth and hire of a new head coach and Wren's departure let us get hammered in the portal. I think you could argue that if Wren had worried about us he would have fired Seth after the UNLV game last year and we could have secured our players better from the portal and maybe even used the portal better. 

2 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

Seth had the easiest schedule I can remember last year and I believe most of these players are his recruits. 

He almost always won the games we should win (like last night's) and almost always lost any games that were on the bubble or that we were dogs for.

That would have us at 1-1, likely headed for 3-1 or 4-1.

Right now I expect us to be 1-4 at best.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I love Zach as much as the next Green-blooded fan, but he is coaching in the NFL.  Why would he come back here?

And more importantly, we are seeing the results of hiring inexperienced coordinators. No thanks. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

No way we lose tonight under Seth Littrell.  Remember, less than 1 year ago: 52-14.  Not saying I want him back though.

Unfortunately agree and if we had Aune at QB, we would’ve also won lol. Sucks to say that

9 hours ago, meangreenbob said:

Won’t pay off for years. Years. 

Tulane went from a terrible season in 2021 to a Cotton Bowl win over USC the next year. 

Even Coach Willie Fritz had a slow start.

I think most know by now what many posters on GMG want is not what UNT Athletics wants, right? 

Willie Fritz (American Athletic Conference) (2016–present)
2016 Willie Fritz 4–8 1–7 6th (West)      
2017 Willie Fritz 5–7 3–5 5th (West)      
2018 Willie Fritz 7–6 5–3 T–1st (West) W Cure    
2019 Willie Fritz 7–6 3–5 4th (West) W Armed Forces    
2020 Willie Fritz 6–6 3–5 T–8th L Famous Idaho Potato    
2021 Willie Fritz 2–10 1–7 T–9th      
2022 Willie Fritz 12–2
  • Eye Roll 2

3 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Tulane went from a terrible season in 2021 to a Cotton Bowl win over USC the next year. 

Even Coach Willie Fritz had a slow start.

I think most know by now what many posters on GMG want is not what UNT Athletics wants, right? 

Willie Fritz (American Athletic Conference) (2016–present)
2016 Willie Fritz 4–8 1–7 6th (West)      
2017 Willie Fritz 5–7 3–5 5th (West)      
2018 Willie Fritz 7–6 5–3 T–1st (West) W Cure    
2019 Willie Fritz 7–6 3–5 4th (West) W Armed Forces    
2020 Willie Fritz 6–6 3–5 T–8th L Famous Idaho Potato    
2021 Willie Fritz 2–10 1–7 T–9th      
2022 Willie Fritz 12–2

Willie took over back to back 3-9's heading into taking that job, not 6 bowls in 7 years. Spare me the fluff. 

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Willie took over back to back 3-9's heading into taking that job, not 6 bowls in 7 years. Spare me the fluff. 

Fluff?  I just find it stranger than hell  that grown (supposed educated) men want to replace a UNT HFC after only 2 games. That’s all. 

IMG_9578.jpeg.f9460891e29f07ffff0507fbab91f5f7.jpeg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Thanks 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2