2023 TBT Games - Bleed Green [Official thread]

3 hours ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Thrilled with the W and clearly this team is stronger than last years.  My only tiny complaint is I wish we hadn’t allowed Reese to take that last shot when the game was clearly over.   I would have preferred them walking off the clock but again just a nitpick.

shocked will ferrell GIF by Anchorman Movie

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, greenminer said:

So much fun! This team plays really well together.

Total nitpick, but we tend to get bullied under the basket.  Didn't seem to be a problem today, though.

Take it up with Simmons.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

This may have already been addressed, but can someone explain how they come up with the target score with less than four minutes to play?

Some history on the ending, but I cannot find anything specific that explains 4 minutes.  I think that part is up to the game/event organizers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elam_Ending#:~:text=The Elam Ending%2C also known,playing to a target score.

https://elamending.com/

https://thetournament.com/tbt/elam-ending/

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

This may have already been addressed, but can someone explain how they come up with the target score with less than four minutes to play?

The leading teams score at that moment plus 8.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hunter Green said:

"In The Basketball Tournament, the game clock is turned off at the first whistle with up to four minutes remaining. In 2017, The Basketball Tournament's play-in games utilized the Elam Ending rules. Since the 2018 edition, the Elam Ending has been used in all games. Originally, the target score was seven points more than team leading or tie score;[5] since 2019, the target score is eight points more than the leading team's/tied score"

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, flyonthewall said:

Oh, you know, and if you don’t know, you will know….. cryptic for, it’s me.  I’m him.

seriously, it takes a village. And it’s the same people as always.  Suite level, light the tower….all the same people.  We get fatigued, but we push onward.

Thanks for pushing on, @flyonthewall. I can’t contribute on your level, but I do try to give when I can and attend when I can.  I’m grateful for the Bleed Green and the way they’ve been ambassadors for the UNT brand. GMG!

• Upvote 6

10 hours ago, flyonthewall said:

One last note then on to the task at hand, getting these guys to Louisville.  Ever since the happenings of March, and where a certain coach ended up taking a job, DJ, JJ and I talked about how we wanted the Lubbock regional.  Well we walked into a certain building and took the cheese, right out from under the noses of all those tech people who were just sure that their #1 seed Air Raiders would skate through this region.

On the bright side for the Texas Tech people, they got to see close up the warrior "toughest team wins" mentality from Kai, T. Bell, Big Z and James Reece.  Coach Mac will do just fine there.

I'm only sad it wasn't us that put them out.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1