The 2023/24 UNT Basketball Transfer/Recruiting Tracker

Mitchell is a JJ-like defender, and a better shooter than JJ.  But he only has one year and that’s a drawback.  I’m thinking he would have committed by now if he was coming.  Hodge is probably going to release the hounds offensively with the team built around Aaron and Rubin.  They want to speed things up!  We need a PF that can run…wish Stone would grow 3 inches over the summer!

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, 97and03 said:

4 star coming out of high school. He had less points per game this year, but also had less minutes. When he's on the court he can score, the only negative is he doesn't have great 3pt numbers. This would be a huge get.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4433165/demarr-langford-jr

• Upvote 2

Yaxel Lendeborg, really good PF out of Arizona Western JC.

He committed to St. John's.....but never signed. Doesn't want to play for Pitino I guess. Not sure.We had offered him....back in 2022. 

Not sure if we're interested now or not. Phil Forte does follow him on Twitter. FWIW

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, SUMG said:

He committed to St. John's.....but never signed. Doesn't want to play for Pitino I guess. Not sure.We had offered him....back in 2022. 

Not sure if we're interested now or not. Phil Forte does follow him on Twitter. FWIW

https://kyma.com/sports/college-sports/2023/03/29/arizona-western-standout-yaxel-lendeborg-reopens-recruitment-will-explore-new-offers/

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, SUMG said:

Hopefully the staff at least takes a look at him. 

• Upvote 3

A St. Louis commit...has gotten out of his commitment. They released him from his NLI.  A big post from Germantown, Tn. Had some decent offers. Not sure if it means anything....at all. 

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Brock-Vice-155627/RecruitInterests/

And Coach Forte is who recruited him to SLU:

Edited by SUMG
  • Upvote 6

14 hours ago, Andrew said:

Twitter 🤮

Hot take but Twitter is garbage lol. Maybe I’m just too old for that nonsense 🤣

Communities putting their thoughts online for the world to see.  thank God that's specific to Twitter.   Can you imagine what the internet would be like if that was anywhere else?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, SUMG said:

Great Osobor, PF/C ....Montana State. Averaged 19 minutes....10.1 ppg and 4.6 rpg

Lots of competition for him....but we're apparently interested. 

That’s a super efficient 10ppg. Foul trouble or fitness keeping him from 25-30 minutes a night? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

19 hours ago, SUMG said:

Great Osobor, PF/C ....Montana State. Averaged 19 minutes....10.1 ppg and 4.6 rpg

Lots of competition for him....but we're apparently interested. 

the more I dig into this kid, the more I like him. turns out he only started 2 games, thus the lower minutes total...looks like team liked to play four guards around one big...one of those starts was their 77-65 loss to Kansas State in the first round of the NCAA, where he went 5-6 from the floor, 11 points, 7 boards, 3 blocks and 2 steals against KSU. 

looks active, good hands and role understanding...clearly makes the most of his minutes...rebounding and blocks numbers should go up with a bit more experience. 

he's an inch shorter than Sissoko, but would likely almost always just be in rotation at the 5 the way we play. he looks more polished and I think would push Sissoko for the starting spot if he lands here. 

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1