2.20.23 WBB vs. utsa

UNTLifer

Jalie's teams are the opposite of Grant's, in terms of consistency.

We can always count on the mens' team to be competitive, even in a loss.

The girls, however, will hit homeruns in one stretch, then get humiliated the next...by teams they should beat.

I wish Jalie could put this inconstancy behind her and remain as consistent and competitive as she was as a player.

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

6 hours ago, cousin oliver said:

Seems like we should be better but I have not seen anyone put their finger on the root cause.

On Thursday they were all screaming at each other, down like 20 to La Tech, because they weren’t running the right plays and such. It’s a disaster. Quincy seems to have given up in some way, but she’s still a great athlete.

Jalie tries to be too buddy buddy with her team, where she needs to bring intensity and chemistry. She doesn’t have the right people in there to succeed, but it’s too late now.

I have a good feeling she’s gone after this season, especially if we lose in the opening round of the tournament to a team like utsa again…

• Upvote 3

On 2/21/2023 at 2:18 PM, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I have a good feeling she’s gone after this season, especially if we lose in the opening round of the tournament to a team like utsa again…

I can see us moving on from her, but is it worth paying out her contract for a sport, let's be honest, that is not close to the face of the university, doesn't generate much money if any, and no one really knows what's going on with it other than us here on this board? If we pay her buyout and a new coach, is it really worth it? I think she probably plays out her contract and it won't be renewed. Football and Men's basketball is the face and revenue sports at this university like most others. They can claim WBB is, but be real, it's not.

• Upvote 1

On 2/21/2023 at 9:24 AM, Matt from A700 said:

Maybe we should move the girls team to the volleyball gym.

When I was teaching at the University of Memphis, the women played in the Elma Roane Fieldhouse, which is nothing but a nice High School gym. The men played at the FEDEX Forum. We should probably do something similar for WBB.

13 minutes ago, Venson said:

When I was teaching at the University of Memphis, the women played in the Elma Roane Fieldhouse, which is nothing but a nice High School gym. The men played at the FEDEX Forum. We should probably do something similar for WBB.

I like the size of something like this for women's basketball/volleyball.

Fieldhouse

• Upvote 1