Charlotte (2/11/23)

CMJ

Charlotte looked like the team that played two overtimes on Thursday.   The team had no energy and the players. on the bench looked bored.  Their coach knows he cant save his timeouts for the next game right.  I dont remember he calling one.  Seems like it was just media timeouts.  

I always rag on the officials but I credit these guy for letting the teams play.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

More full from students, there were definitely more alumni/fans on Saturday.

Student turnout on Saturdays this year has been horrible. Not sure why other than going home, which is the dumbest thing ever especially older kids lol.

But still the fact we haven’t hit over 5K for a 20+ win team is horrible. Absolutely horrible. Students are, for the most part, doing their part. There is 0 advertising, very little promos, and not much energy from the athletic department and overall campus to push going to games. No ads on digital billboards, websites, anywhere.

Like I’ve said before, marketing and that overall area SUCKS!!

We've always argued on this board that winning will bring fans, but it's clear we have a deeper rooted problem when a 20-5 team can't get more than 4k fans to a game when we have 44k students. There needs to be some real effort into building the fanbase up. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Green Otaku said:

We've always argued on this board that winning will bring fans, but it's clear we have a deeper rooted problem when a 20-5 team can't get more than 4k fans to a game when we have 44k students. There needs to be some real effort into building the fanbase up. 

Yep and I’ve been one of the main people that have argued that. Can’t anymore, its pathetic. Maybe that last weekend against MTSU and WKU will hit 5K+

• Upvote 1

We need to offer the same program to recent grads that we do football. Free season tickets for three years to fill up the sections behind the goal by the UNT bench, and the middle upper level sections.

Mailing campaigns to every home in Denton County sending out a voucher for four tickets to any home game.

Just get people in the building. Even if admission is free, more money on concessions, merch... and then as overall tickets scanned continues to grow, use the funds to improve the in-game entertainment, team store, pregame concourse hangout spots...

One area Rice's Tudor Fieldhouse has us beat is that they have an actual team store, even if it's a converted classroom. Looks a lot better than our dinky booth.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

We need to offer the same program to recent grads that we do football. Free season tickets for three years to fill up the sections behind the goal by the UNT bench, and the middle upper level sections.

Mailing campaigns to every home in Denton County sending out a voucher for four tickets to any home game.

Just get people in the building. Even if admission is free, more money on concessions, merch... and then as overall tickets scanned continues to grow, use the funds to improve the in-game entertainment, team store, pregame concourse hangout spots...

One area Rice's Tudor Fieldhouse has us beat is that they have an actual team store, even if it's a converted classroom. Looks a lot better than our dinky booth.

I agree!  We have to do everything to get people to come to the team.  They deserve it.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Student turnout on Saturdays this year has been horrible. 

Students are, for the most part, doing their part. 

Like I’ve said before, marketing and that overall area SUCKS!!

The first two comments contradict each other.  The students are doing their part on Thursdays.  They are not on Saturdays.

The last sentence is 100% correct.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

The first two comments contradict each other.  The students are doing their part on Thursdays.  They are not on Saturdays.

The last sentence is 100% correct.

Well I see what you’re saying, but they have stepped up a lot in the past 2 years. Therefore they are doing their part, but not at 100%

10 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Well I see what you’re saying, but they have stepped up a lot in the past 2 years. Therefore they are doing their part, but not at 100%

They are doing their part on Thursday and the alumni/fans aren't and the opposite is occurring on Saturdays.  I am shocked at the lack of effort on campus that I am hearing.  Greek organizations, dorms, etc... should be involved in the games, and as mentioned above, every effort should be made to get the alumni and citizens of Denton to the games.

• Upvote 1