Opportunity

MeanGreen_MBA

Look at what we did to hbu, and then they almost upset Tech. Week to week things change. I’m hoping the davis’ are back or we may be in for another lashing. I just can’t believe how slow we are on defense. I’m not so worried about the offense. I think Aune is the answer. Everyone is letting the game’s beat down optics skew how pretty good he was. 

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I am happy to have the opportunity to go to UNT football games and support my team. Can’t wait till the next game. 
you will see me in my seats for the SM game for sure. In the mean time, BEAT HOUSTON!!

I need what your self medicating with.....

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

on the bright side the weather was nice.  I saw some die hard fans leave in the second qtr.  These guys usually stay to the end.   I stayed to the end because you never know if this will be the last game of the season.  I guess covid has one silver lining it will hide how bad our attendance will be for the rest of the season.   

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, edcollopy said:

Look at what we did to hbu, and then they almost upset Tech. Week to week things change. I’m hoping the davis’ are back or we may be in for another lashing. I just can’t believe how slow we are on defense. I’m not so worried about the offense. I think Aune is the answer. Everyone is letting the game’s beat down optics skew how pretty good he was. 

Yep it seems the last 2 years, we have been getting slower and slower on defense. That’s not good at all, and it’s clear the strength and conditioning coach is not doing his job.

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

Watching the SMU debacle, I was thinking the same thing.  Seems like in previous years, maybe some of those McCarney years, we had bigger, faster players.

Then I watched a little of the La Tech vs So. Miss game last night.  They are big AND fast.  I can see why La Tech has had the success they have enjoyed for many years.  They really recruit good football players across the board.  Big lineman.

Maybe McCarney was right.

5 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

What happened to the type of guys on the 2013 roster...

Todd Dodge connections coupled with 3 years of maturity and a Skladany attack-first philosophy on defense. That’s what happened.

If we replace Seth with a Dickey/McCarney minded head coach and use Seth’s player, we’d have a chance to see something similar in 3 years or so.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, southsideguy said:

on the bright side the weather was nice.  I saw some die hard fans leave in the second qtr.  These guys usually stay to the end.   I stayed to the end because you never know if this will be the last game of the season.  I guess covid has one silver lining it will hide how bad our attendance will be for the rest of the season.   

I think the Stars Stanley Cup game had something to do with the amount of people leaving early.  We actually were one of those groups.  Our 10 left at the end of halftime to set up the TV in our tailgate area and watch the Stars kick some ass.  Pretty memorable experience watching the Stars underneath the stars.  Yes, it's a one-off to leave that early but a Stanley Cup appearance seems to come around once every 20 years or so around here, so gotta take advantage.

• Upvote 1