• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Brett Vito

DRC: UNT announces $3 million donation for indoor facility

1 hour ago, DeepGreen said:

And don't you know there are more UNT families out there who are financially capable of donating similar amounts to UNT Athletics.

My sincerest gratitude and thanks. Now. Ahem.

Please [REDACTED] give us enough to bribe incentivize the ADs at Oklahoma, Kansas, Kansas State, Tech and West Virginia. I'll even cover the dump truck to deliver it. Kansas people can probably be had with a flashlight and teaching them the mastery of fire.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DeepGreen said:

And don't you know there are more UNT families out there who are financially capable of donating similar amounts to UNT Athletics.

Absolutely. The real estate wealth created over the last couple of decades in Denton County is enormous. Winning will hopefully continue this generous donation trend.

• Upvote 2

As a fan base, please support and recognize these people for what they’re doing.  Buy your cars from them and let them know why...eat at Metzlers or Beth Marie’s and let them know why...have a beer at Eastside and let them know why.  This is such a breath of fresh air.  We are so lucky.  I want to win championships but I also want my schoolmates to be inspired to share Saturdays in the fall with me...all of these things are encouraging both. 

• Upvote 5

...and during halftime, the Lovelace and McNatt families will perform "Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better".

But seriously - this is just amazing!  Can't give enough thanks to these families.

• Haha 3

Holi Canoli! What an amazing gift. It's a great time to be a part of the Mean Green Family. I totally agree giving whatever you are able to big or small. We have club seats and give to the scholarship fund... BUT maybe some day if I win the lottery or make it big I can make a truly remarkable gift like these generous people. GMG!

• Upvote 2

For those who say to keep this donation in mind when buying your next car -- someone correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the McNatts sell their dealerships? That's why they all got renamed to "Honda of Denton", etc.