DRC: UNT to host Converse Judson tackle

Brett Vito

6 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

why does his 247 page show offers from tulane and university of virginia?

Good question but understand an offer could be offered at one point and later been rescinded.  This happens a lot with g5 schools as they do not update as much.

51 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

why does his 247 page show offers from tulane and university of virginia?

Because he had an offer from each.  He even had a recruitment sheet created by Notre Dame.  So, in addition to some ability, he also has intelligence since all have academic excellence.  

I question the degree of talent by a few of our signees/commitments but not this one.  And, I certainly don't question his size.

If he should choose UTEP over us keep this in mind.  It may not always be which is the better university but where he feels he has the best opportunity to play.  At the FBS level any player worth his salt does not want to simply be on the squad (except for the top P5 programs) but be able to get playing time.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

It appears to me that NT is scrambling for talent late in recruiting and I don't think this is a good sign.   Going head to head with UTEP over a recruit is not exactly where I want this team to be 7 days before signing day.  Apparently, NT and UTEP are his only offers after his senior season.  

Obviously, NT wants this player and I hope he signs; he is athletic enough to play TE which should mean he has some speed.   It just appears that NT like too many times in the past is having a lot of difficulty signing players with other opportunities.  

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

It appears to me that NT is scrambling for talent late in recruiting and I don't think this is a good sign.   Going head to head with UTEP over a recruit is not exactly where I want this team to be 7 days before signing day.  Apparently, NT and UTEP are his only offers after his senior season.  

Obviously, NT wants this player and I hope he signs; he is athletic enough to play TE which should mean he has some speed.   It just appears that NT like too many times in the past is having a lot of difficulty signing players with other opportunities.  

Understand, but our class to this point is much better than classes in the past.  Last year we picked up Darden, Siggers and White late and those three will be solid players here.  We never know what all goes on in the recruiting game, and probably don't, but this young man is athletic and smart.  Tulane and Virginia don't offer just anybody and Notre Dame doesn't put together information on kids that won't qualify.

It appears academics are as important as playing time, so the decision between us and, with all due respect, UTEP shouldn't be difficult.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

Manvel, TX to El Paso, 763 miles.

Manvel, TX to Denton, 302 miles.

Easy decision.

GO MEAN GREEN

Like the thought but this young man is at Converse Judson, not Manvel. Either way opening up pipelines to these programs is a good thing. Let’s get this young man in green!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1