UTEP Opening Line...

Cerebus

4 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

Let's say they win by 17 points (2 TDs and a FG) ... what then?

I will take anymore that is double digits vs a team that has 0 wins...

I'm hoping we can put together a solid performance in all 3 phases.. The defense doing what it has been doing (the past 2 games), and the offense getting back to the UAB/USM game plan and ST playing like it did vs UAB... 

If both teams play to their potential then a score of 30-6 is actually quite realistic. That said, I think we regressed a bit on offense since week 5 (and improved a bit on D). Should still be enough for a UTEP though.

Part of me is worried that this is somewhat of a letdown spot (like FAU was) and that lines like this may be bad for the team taking this serious enough. However, I do think that most of these players still remember that 50-burger UTEP put on them last season and still have an axe to grind and will have learnt something from the FAU letdown spot too.

Edited by outoftown

7 hours ago, untbowler said:

wow shocked at the line, probably should be maybe -14 max. 

Waiting on the offense to take off and score points in bundles against non- 2nd and 3rd Stringers

Hope Defense comes out ready to layout UTEP.

First 4 possessions against ODU:

Touchdown

Touchdown

INT

Touchdown

I am shocked they put their 2nd and 3rd string in to start the game.

• Upvote 2

Aaron Jones had our number. If not for him, I doubt they would have beaten us these past few years. Still...this one needs to be taken seriously. And they have gotten really dirty in the past so our guys need to watch each others' backs. We could win the game and lose a couple of key starters to injuries.