Good win Mean Green

techdawg88

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 9:09 AM, DT 90 said:

Yea they refuse to schedule Monroe who they consider "below" their station.

If memory serves La. Tech lost a spot in Independence Bowl in Shreveport a few years ago because their opponent would have been La. Monroe, whom they refused to play.

49 minutes ago, wardly said:

If memory serves La. Tech lost a spot in Independence Bowl in Shreveport a few years ago because their opponent would have been La. Monroe, whom they refused to play.

Recent memories or nightmares is you never overlook a team and think you are better than them because it can be very embarrassing and you fire your coach early in the season over it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wardly said:

It was actually ULL, which is even worse, because ULL shouldn't be viewed as "beneath" them at all. Really, I don't get the ULM thing either, but they use it to keep their alumni happy, but they take it up a notch from what SMU and UTEP do to NMSU and us, since we actually get to play those schools in home-and-home series. 

In 2012 the Indy bowl was looking at a match up of ULM and La Tech. From what I've been told from a variety of sources, La Tech was horrified at the idea and was trying their best to find any other bowl that would take them. The people running the Indy Bowl wanted a match up that would put the most butts in the seats so they preferred the all local match up to bringing a school that wouldn't likely travel as well. But, if the Indy Bowl was going to have to find someone else, they wanted to start that search quickly so they asked La Tech to make a yes or no decision. I've been told the Indy Bowl gave La Tech a deadline to decide or not, but some La Tech folks that wasn't so. La Tech did not say no, but they wouldn't say yes because they were trying to work a deal - any deal - that would keep them from playing a ULM team with 8 wins including at Arkansas. The Indy Bowl moved on to their next choice which was Ohio from the Mac. La Tech couldn't work any other deal and sat at home with a 9-3 record. Some La Tech fans swear the Indy Bowl purposely took Ohio to spite La Tech and still claim there was no deadline. I've read on line a few La Tech fans thought the Indy Bowl officials also worked to sabotage La Tech's efforts to find an alternative to playing ULM. From what I've read, very, very few La Tech fans believe that. But a few die hard are convinced it's so. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, techdawg88 said:

you sure about that? I was only a fan of Tech during that time, so what do I know? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_UTSA_Roadrunners_football_team

As part of the shakeups of 2011 before the weirdly pieced together WAC fell apart.  I miss the old Rice vs. Hawaii matchups.  Looking forward to playing the bulldogs.  Thanks for coming by! 

1 hour ago, techdawg88 said:

you sure about that? I was only a fan of Tech during that time, so what do I know? 

I'll let him speak for himself, but he may have meant not as a full member.  As your link mentions,

Texas State and UTSA are not eligible for conference title nor bowl games as part of their transition to the FBS.

9 hours ago, techdawg88 said:

I didn't realize those were considered Wacy games. But it's no different than a conference with multiple schools on probation so I should have. The schools on probation or in transition can't go a bowl nor be named conference champion but the other schools get to count the games for their standings.