North Texas vs. Iowa OFFICIAL Game Thread

Harry

1 minute ago, yyz28 said:

One can analyze and criticize without "quitting" on their team. I think most of us here have been watching and supporting this team for many seasons, many of which have been miserable. I think it is fair for folks to be critical and disappointed. That doesn't mean they have "quit" on their team or made their season ticket purchases, donations or support any less valuable.

sure. I've been embarrassed, angry, disappointed, bemused and overtly negative about this program over the last 16 years. I've seen a lot of terrible football, and the older folks have seen a lot more.

today shouldn't be one of those days. there is a lot to like...a lot to clean up and a lot to improve on...but again, this team does not suck. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, Censored by Laurie said:

sure. I've been embarrassed, angry, disappointed, bemused and overtly negative about this program over the last 16 years. I've seen a lot of terrible football, and the older folks have seen a lot more.

today shouldn't be one of those days. there is a lot to like...a lot to clean up and a lot to improve on...but again, this team does not suck. 

No one said they suck but Iowa regularly runs on 3rd and long and gets it easily. That means we lose the game.

still proud of NT, to a point. The penalties, especially the unsportsmanlike conduct were stupid 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Censored by Laurie said:

Oh, I agree. While "moral victories" are not something I've ever been a big fan of, there is some good here today. 

Just don't like to see fellow fans at each other's throat, and I don't think anyone being critical of the team or analyzing where we are in this game means they have "QUIT" on the Mean Green. That's my only argument.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I know were are not suppose to win .... but to play undisciplined and the POOR performance on 3rd downs (both O and D) sucks 

Agreed, the penalties are costly and SL needs to make sit players.. Preston should I'm sorry but hurt us ALOT

1 minute ago, GMG24 said:

Complain all we want, defense has to get off field on 3rd down, offense needs to put together some drives... 38 minutes to 19 in TOP will never win a game

Agreed, the major difference was in the mid-late 3rd Quarter 

Just now, BTG_Fan1 said:

This L isn't on the offense.. it's on the defense and crappy punting.. 

Preston, Kensworthy hurt us A LOT

The punting and the penalties were killers. But it is silly to ignore that the offense put 0 points on the board in the second half. Now looks like "same old North Texas " now