Perspective

emmitt01

8 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

FWIW, through 2 games Mason Fine is ranked #15 nationally, and 1st in CUSA in total passing yards.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/passingYards/year/2017/group/80

Yeah, and Jeff Wislon is leading CUSA in rushing. To all of that I say so what. 

Yardage early in the season, especially with a FCS and blowout loss under our belts, has to be taken into context. Boasting this stuff as success is pissing into the wind. It's baseless. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UNTKING said:

Oh wait remember when you thought Dajon Williams was the ingredient lol

Dajon looked like Heisman material when compared to Nephew McNutty and Greer-in-the-Headlights.

Dajon had faults, huge faults, huge glaring faults, but the one eyed man is revered as a god in the land of the blind.

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Please, stop it.  Here's perspective:  the same thing that happened last year happened last night - the offensive disappeared off the map for a large part of the game.  

During that long stretch where the offense went into a coma, SMU began to kick our asses.

Last year, we won three games because Jeffrey Wilson busted loose in the second half of games we trailed and saved our bacon.

Wilson couldn't bail us out yesterday, and that was that.

After SMU lifted its starters, our offense magically reappeared.  

You want me to be impressed that we scored 22 and piled up a bunch of yards against SMU's back-ups?

Sorry.  Not going to happen.  Statistics are not wins.

We had no Players of the Game yesterday.  The whole team got its ass kicked until SMU let up and took out its starters.

Edited by OfficerBennett
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, UNTKING said:

Oh wait remember when you thought Dajon Williams was the ingredient lol

Dajon looked like Heisman material when compared to Nephew McNutty and Greer-in-the-Headlights.

Dajon had faults, huge faults, huge glaring faults, but the one eyed man is revered as a god in the land of the blind.

*Oh, and would the weasel that gave me the negative feedback please list the merits of those two.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Yeah, and Jeff Wislon is leading CUSA in rushing. To all of that I say so what. 

Yardage early in the season, especially with a FCS and blowout loss under our belts, has to be taken into context. Boasting this stuff as success is pissing into the wind. It's baseless. 

And what exactly did I say it proves?  You seem to have taken on the roll of the board watchmen to make sure nobody posts something that is not purely negative.  Congrats? 

So, our QB is leading the conference in passing and our RB is leading in rushing through 2 games.  I don't recall the last time that occurred.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, ADLER said:

*Oh, and would the weasel that gave me the negative feedback please list the merits of those two.

Dajon liked to pimp slap his pregnant girlfriend and the campus police had to get involved.  He dug his own grave.  He got what he deserved.  If he wasn't a complete ding-dong, he would have been the QB because he had some talent.

2 minutes ago, UNTKING said:

You forgot this stat 

We are 1-1 right now as a team 

I bet most people already knew that stat, but yes good point.  We are in fact 1-1.  I believe this is your best post, by far.  +1 for you sir.

• Upvote 1

I see someone is trying to become the new 90. I don't know if I should be flattered that your attempt at snarky remarks with me put you over the half century mark on posts. Go celebrate with a 30 rack. 

Edited by Silent Eagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, UNTKING said:

Whooo?

What's wrong with giving Shanbour a shot ?

He's worse than Fine, okay?  He's been here forever and a day and has never been able to beat out anyone.

He should have gone to an FCS school or Central or East Central Oklahoma...or, Missouri Southern or Pittsburg State...if he really wanted to play QB in college.

Our problem is that we have too many Shanbours on our roster - guys that belong on FCS or DII rosters.

I think a lot of kids in Shanbour's situation come here because it's the absolute last step before you go down to FCS.

You can't blame them for trying.  But, after two seasons of never seeing the field, a kid should be able to see that he's not ever going to start.

Shanbour probably would have been a decent FCS QB, and potentially great as a DII signal caller.

This coaching staff and the last one have been so thin at QB that they probably asked him to stay - knowing full well he'd never play.  Coaches need practice players.  That's what Shanbour has been here.

• Upvote 3

Back to the original topic, good analysis by Emmitt. Most season predictions I read have had us losing to both SMU and Iowa but still getting six wins. I honestly don't know how many predicted first round of the NFL draft receivers we are do to face, but clearly our defense isn't ready for that. Remove Sutton and it would appear SMU was very beatable, but without Sutton other receivers would have been targeted more often. I didn't realize Fine was still top ranked after two games. I didn't realize we still were averaging over 40 points a game. We looked bad on Saturday, but two games into the year we've looked a lot worse. I think we are significantly improved, but SMU improved also. Most predictions put them in the top third of the AAC. We need to get better before league play as league play is what will get us in a bowl game. Saturday was awful, but we have another game coming up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

11 hours ago, OfficerBennett said:

Please, stop it.  Here's perspective:  

Here is some perspective The Fake Lonnie Finch/MeanGreenMailbox/OfficerBennett/20 other accounts.   

Stop making sock puppet accounts.   The rules clearly state:

Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.