DRC: UNT unveils strategic plan

Brett Vito

"The school's football program made significant strides last season, in spite of walkon Quinn Shanbour who threw one pass,  when Seth Littrell guided the Mean Green to the Heart of Dallas Bowl in his first season at UNT."

I know you were thinking it Vito.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Haha 6

This was definitely necessary and seems well done as far as plans go. I particularly like the commitment to release the numbers in the future and how easy it is to follow the progress they are making. Now lets see if WB can deliver and execute on the plan.

Edited by outoftown

I saw the bullet/boxes to be checked (online) and that for what needs to be done..

but is there an actually paper that was written up about how these things would be addressed? Or did I miss it online? 

Would like to read the thoughtout process of how things will be moved along, just like the Athletic Department Review that was done last year.

• Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I saw the bullet/boxes to be checked (online) and that for what needs to be done..

but is there an actually paper that was written up about how these things would be addressed? Or did I miss it online? 

Would like to read the thoughtout process of how things will be moved along, just like the Athletic Department Review that was done last year.

I didn't see it, and it made it kind of a disappointment. One has to imagine they wouldn't throw around goals publicly without a plan in place. But it'd be nice to have the slightest understanding of how. By this, it allows fans and alum to understand future decisions being made. All of this today is what we mostly do on here. Throw out ideas, expectations, innovations, policies, etc. 

How do we plan to double revenue and increase some levels to 100%? At the end of the 5 years, winning in one way or another has to tie all of this together. 

5 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

I didn't see it, and it made it kind of a disappointment. One has to imagine they wouldn't throw around goals publicly without a plan in place. But it'd be nice to have the slightest understanding of how. By this, it allows fans and alum to understand future decisions being made. All of this today is what we mostly do on here. Throw out ideas, expectations, innovations, policies, etc. 

How do we plan to double revenue and increase some levels to 100%? At the end of the 5 years, winning in one way or another has to tie all of this together. 

Gotta agree, wanted to see more information on how things would be progressed/ideas...

Just like the report that was done on the AD Office/Operations last year we were able to read on how things should be changed.. Presenting a case like that is great, and I understand the AD can say we will be competitive when it comes keeping coaches, but how are we going to be competitive in keeping the club level full? What is the long-term plan for the Endzone-Tents, etc... 

4 minutes ago, dmaxel said:

A lot can be done through the AD, but ultimately the biggest boost will come from winning. Anyone remember how full the stadium was during the 2013 homecoming game vs. UTEP?

I do. To the tune of 26k n change vs a bad utep team. Granted it was homecoming, but it was at 90% capacity because we were a decent team. Homecoming was a little boost. 

Overall I think this is a very positive development.  

There is a lot of the usual boilerplate in this presentation and frankly I have seen a lot of similar plans in the business work.   The easy part is developing and stating the objectives, the hard part is actually achieving the goals. 

I applaud Mr. Baker on having the fortitude to state some very difficult objectives and the commitment to reporting on the progress.   Even partial success will be a big step up for NT.   

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, GrandGreen said:
8 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Overall I think this is a very positive development.  

There is a lot of the usual boilerplate in this presentation and frankly I have seen a lot of similar plans in the business work.   The easy part is developing and stating the objectives, the hard part is actually achieving the goals. 

I applaud Mr. Baker on having the fortitude to state some very difficult objectives and the commitment to reporting on the progress.   Even partial success will be a big step up for NT.   

Exactly! It's not going to be a straight line, there will be obstacles along the way and the will be detours. 

I really like that there are both stretch goals - those that will be difficult to achieve - mixed with the relatively easy goals. It's a LOT easier to get overall buy in if people can see that some things are already happening and other things are going to happen quickly. 

16 hours ago, drex said:

If each of us in the Mean Green Club would bring in one new member, that would be a good start.  I plan to do so.

Plus if we can increase our donations per member each year.  NT lacks in donor funding compared to most programs in the Group of 5.  I just ask that each of us make a point to give more if possible.  Whatever you can increase will help.  Every little bit helps.

I know some people are maxed out, but I also know that we have a bunch of members on this board that do a ton of complaining and do not give 1 dime to this program.

We can only get each program more competitive with better facilities to help in recruiting.  Facilities are built with the $$ that we donate.

MEANGREEN for Life!!

• Upvote 2