New Landscaping

golfingomez

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

Where will they put anything over there?  There's no room for anything like this unless they're tearing out existing seats?

Thats what I am questioning. Where will they put em with out endangering the players. They have sold out all the tents on the south end and are trying to get the North end sold out as well from what I am hearing.

2 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

Thats what I am questioning. Where will they put em with out endangering the players. They have sold out all the tents on the south end and are trying to get the North end sold out as well from what I am hearing.

I wonder if they're going to try and put something in the space on the concourse level between the Wing & the home/visitor stands... like where the Model A is usually sitting?
I wouldn't think that would be as nice as what they appear to be doing on the South side.

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

I wonder if they're going to try and put something in the space on the concourse level between the Wing & the home/visitor stands... like where the Model A is usually sitting?
I wouldn't think that would be as nice as what they appear to be doing on the South side.

Im not sure. Unless they take up the seats on the lower section of the North End. A lot of people usually sit at that end on Game Day. Like I said though, this is what I am hearing so it could be nothing at all and their main focus is just the south end now. Non the less, I have seen the design and the South End is going to be BAD A$$

Just now, Withers940 said:

Im not sure. Unless they take up the seats on the lower section of the North End. A lot of people usually sit at that end on Game Day. Like I said though, this is what I am hearing so it could be nothing at all and their main focus is just the south end now. Non the less, I have seen the design and the South End is going to be BAD A$$

Are we sure they meant putting tents in the North Endzone (the wing endzone) or could it be they are trying to get people to commit to buying tickets in that endzone now?

1 minute ago, Withers940 said:

Its hearsay. I work with a bunch of banks in Denton and thats what i have been told

When i was talking to the people in the AD Office about the tent that were going in, they did say they are trying to get more banks/businesses to get packages for the seasons as well. 

8 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

Excellent point.

Here's my question. If these tent suites are a quick way to address demand for more seating without doing a major renovation of the stadium, shouldn't this be the result of consistent sell outs of the stadium? AND, maybe I'm missing something, but these tent suites are still in the end zone. Call me provincial, but I still like my 45 yrd line view.

It appears to be demand for a different type of premium seating. The cabana concept has become increasingly popular in college football, and you'd have to imagine this will be similar to what UCF is doing (except, thankfully, further from the endline). 

5 hours ago, cdizzle86 said:

$2500 to have access to a tent area in the end zone?! Am I missing something?

You'd think the donation level is at least $2,500.00 to get something like this. Just taking a look at the UCF model:

UCF's model is 12 tickets each with all you can eat and drink. Cost is $22,000 for 12 tickets, or $305 "per ticket per game". Hypothetically, if this deal ends up around 50% of that cost for the cabana, it'll be approximately $150 "per ticket per game". 

On 7/31/2017 at 2:48 PM, BTG_Fan1 said:

I was just up at Apogee working with the AD Office, they are going to be putting in tents there, like we had tents at the HOD Bowl from what I was told... 

Yikes.

17 hours ago, Tyler Maryak said:

Haven't gotten down-voted in a while... 

Am I alone in thinking/worrying that it will be possible for it to have looked better as a grassy area than having tents there?

Nope, I'm there with ya.

17 hours ago, UNT Mean Green said:

Great idea for more premium seating! UCF appears to be doing something along these lines.

One would imagine these are higher than $2,500.00 seats.

So fugly.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, UNT Mean Green said:

It appears to be demand for a different type of premium seating. The cabana concept has become increasingly popular in college football, and you'd have to imagine this will be similar to what UCF is doing (except, thankfully, further from the endline). 

You'd think the donation level is at least $2,500.00 to get something like this. Just taking a look at the UCF model:

UCF's model is 12 tickets each with all you can eat and drink. Cost is $22,000 for 12 tickets, or $305 "per ticket per game". Hypothetically, if this deal ends up around 50% of that cost for the cabana, it'll be approximately $150 "per ticket per game". 

Does UCF's model allow just any shmo with $22k to buy that package?   Or do you have to be a booster of the program first in order to even be considered?

There are only 6 home games per year.   When you think about everyone up in the club level/suite level that may want a shot at something like this, I would think you could restrict who even has the opportunity to buy-in by making them be MGC members at a certain level first (I just threw out the Golden Eagle level #, I don't know anything).

17 hours ago, UNT Mean Green said:

Great idea for more premium seating! UCF appears to be doing something along these lines.

That looks dangerous as hell.
Those little 'cabanas' are less than 5 yards away from the playing surface.

If I'm a WR or DB recruit, and these are going in, I take them into serious consideration when evaluating where I play football.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Does UCF's model allow just any shmo with $22k to buy that package?   Or do you have to be a booster of the program first in order to even be considered?

There are only 6 home games per year.   When you think about everyone up in the club level/suite level that may want a shot at something like this, I would think you could restrict who even has the opportunity to buy-in by making them be MGC members at a certain level first (I just threw out the Golden Eagle level #, I don't know anything).

Yes, you'd think that being a high(er) level booster is required.

2 hours ago, Withers940 said:

Its the Endzone. They are going after Boosters (Big Money guys/Banks)

Currently the only other option is the suites.  If a business/biggish donor wants to support the team, for less than the cost of a new house, then having a different price point is a very good idea.  

Was told today at the ticket pick-up event that these new "cabana" seats have been sold out and to NEW ticket buys not folks moving current seat locations.  And, if the price I heard was correct, these are definitely  premium seating prices for Apogee.  My opinion...GREAT news!

Again, just what I was told.  The source is "inside", so hopefully so.  Really good news in my opinion.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Was told today at the ticket pick-up event that these new "cabana" seats have been sold out and to NEW ticket buys not folks moving current seat locations.  And, if the price I heard was correct, these are definitely  premium seating prices for Apogee.  My opinion...GREAT news!

Again, just what I was told.  The source is "inside", so hopefully so.  Really good news in my opinion.

What number did you hear?

This is a great thing! Any new premium-type seats/buyers is good for the program. I have always thought there isn't enough going on in Apogee on game day to improve the atmosphere for the casual college football fan in Denton. To those who may have gone to some other school, Apogee needs to be a cool place to see a game with things other than just the game/stadium. IMHO, this pushes toward that goal. I've always wondered why the grass on the south end and the corners on the north end haven't been some kind of a party area(s).

Edited by DentonLurker
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

5 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Was told today at the ticket pick-up event that these new "cabana" seats have been sold out and to NEW ticket buys not folks moving current seat locations.  And, if the price I heard was correct, these are definitely premium seating prices for Apogee.  My opinion...GREAT news!

Great news! Demand was there for the supply of a new type of premium seat option. It'll be fun to see how these work and what the future plans are (if there are maybe more in the plans in the years to come). 

Edited by UNT Mean Green