This is a challenge

4 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

@BTG_Fan1  You were doing fine, but it's starting to appear that you're making the case that nutsack, as a whole, is better than UNT?  Either you're a closet nutsack fan, or this conversation with Ben is making you crazy. 

I'm just telling you that if you compare the 2 schools like everyone likes to do here, UTSA has more going for it in terms of recruiting. 

Our history of losing hurts us, our lack of NFL production of players has hurt us, the lack of investment in the facilities for a major university is pathetic, along with the terrible coaching choices made before SL. Players don't look at the education outside of what to major in, because they go by the prestige of the football program.

If we as UNT don't improve these things then its a waste of our time to compare us to UTSA. Its not crazy or being a fan of UTSA, its simply stating the facts that our coaches face out on the recruiting trail. 

50 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I'm just telling you that if you compare the 2 schools like everyone likes to do here, UTSA has more going for it in terms of recruiting. 

Our history of losing hurts us, our lack of NFL production of players has hurt us, the lack of investment in the facilities for a major university is pathetic, along with the terrible coaching choices made before SL. Players don't look at the education outside of what to major in, because they go by the prestige of the football program.

If we as UNT don't improve these things then its a waste of our time to compare us to UTSA. Its not crazy or being a fan of UTSA, its simply stating the facts that our coaches face out on the recruiting trail. 

I understand all of your points and some have validity to it. But utsa doesn't have good facilities. Their locker room sucks. They have to commute to where they practice (though I may have seen a dingy 40-50 yard outdoor practice field on the far side of their softball complex <-- which is also garbage). They play in an old off campus stadium. Their campus is that of a community college. Your only concrete point is that opposing coaches can negative recruit against us due to our inability to produce a NFL draft pick over the last 12 years, which is damning. Your reasoning of "lack of investment" when matching us to utsa is a moot point. What exactly have they invested in? We pay more money to our HC. We pay more money to our assistants. We have an on campus stadium with literal across a sidewalk access to the athlete dormitory. They have 0 tradition. 0 history. 0 bowl wins. 0 conference championships. We have a bad perception hanging over our head due to the mismanagement of the department for 15 years...A very critical and transcendent time in college athletics I might add. It has tainted us, but it hasn't killed us. To put utsa in front of us in the pecking order is absolute lunacy, considering your reasoning. But somehow, it has happened. And that somehow is that FW is a damn fine recruiting HC and SL isn't. SL is allegedly a better XnO guy, but last fall proved otherwise in a head to head matchup that wasn't really even close. Bottom line, we have to get to 6 wins this season to keep the wheels churning in a positive direction. If we go 3-9 to 5-7 the recruits we land may start to not even have FCS offers. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ben Gooding said:

I understand all of your points and some have validity to it. But utsa doesn't have good facilities. Their locker room sucks. They have to commute to where they practice (though I may have seen a dingy 40-50 yard outdoor practice field on the far side of their softball complex <-- which is also garbage). They play in an old off campus stadium. Their campus is that of a community college. Your only concrete point is that opposing coaches can negative recruit against us due to our inability to produce a NFL draft pick over the last 12 years, which is damning. Your reasoning of "lack of investment" when matching us to utsa is a moot point. What exactly have they invested in? We pay more money to our HC. We pay more money to our assistants. We have an on campus stadium with literal across a sidewalk access to the athlete dormitory. They have 0 tradition. 0 history. 0 bowl wins. 0 conference championships. We have a bad perception hanging over our head due to the mismanagement of the department for 15 years...A very critical and transcendent time in college athletics I might add. It has tainted us, but it hasn't killed us. To put utsa in front of us in the pecking order is absolute lunacy, considering your reasoning. But somehow, it has happened. And that somehow is that FW is a damn fine recruiting HC and SL isn't. SL is allegedly a better XnO guy, but last fall proved otherwise in a head to head matchup that wasn't really even close. Bottom line, we have to get to 6 wins this season to keep the wheels churning in a positive direction. If we go 3-9 to 5-7 the recruits we land may start to not even have FCS offers. 

Our locker sucks as well, we all have discussed this. The players could careless about commuting to ours as well since some/most of them live off campus. Again the players don't see what fans see in terms of how bad the alamodome is but even then its still not that bad, and to them its not that old. I've been down there and its not as bad as Fouts was when we were going bowling. 

The things that UTSA has invested in, is developing a program. How long again did they start us? They are able to show that the have progressed from nothing to where they are present day. UNT has been playing D1 Football for over 2 Decades, but yet my high school as 2 weight rooms and UNT has 1 and my high school is building an IPF, which UNT has yet to announce. The weightrooms and IPF have not been something that just grew over the last 2 or 3 years, these have been things going on for 5-10 years, and UNT has lagged behind. We pay more to our coaches and staffs because we are a larger university than them, and SL came from being an OC while Wilson came from LSU and being an RB Coach. The staffs are paid what they are paid, no fighting with that. Yes we have a campus stadium that is 30-45 minutes away on a good day from Dallas and Fort Worth, they have a stadium that is 10-15 minutes away from downtown. You can bash them for 0 Tradition, thats fine with me since they are new school, the history leans in their advantage because again we have like 4 winning in 20+ years.  They have 0 bowl wins in 10 years, compared to our 3 in how long? Oh and we have won 2 in 20+ years, just so we can fair to UTSA (so they have another 10-11 years to win 2 games). We have 0 conference championships in 13 years, and they have been around for 10, so its not like we that much ahead of them. If you really wanna break it down, we have won 24 Conference titles and we have been playing football since 1913, so 24 titles in 104 years.... The kids that we are recruiting now, were under the age of 4 years old the last time that we won a conference championship. Those same kids have seen us win 2/3 of our bowl games as well, for a school that has been around for as long as well. 

Yes the AD office was lead in a terrible direction under RV, and he is mostly to blame for the status of the Athletic Department. This is why we should be blaming SL and his staff for the crap recruiting. WB has had to go in and evaluate what needs to be fixed and how to fix it. Having to pay off Mac, RV, etc eats into the AD Budget. 

WB has to find ways to generate added revenue for the Athletic Department, for these coaches to have the benefit and tools necessary to sale UNT, hell the cases that I have made today for UTSA, people believe and see these reason that I'm stating and I don't even go to UTSA to add to the areas that are overlooked! If we want to get serious about recruiting, we have to start at UNT first. Improve the experience and the tools here and it will expand outward! Build the darn IPF, Expand the offices so that Football has its own weightroom, and expanded offices. Building the IPF so that other sports can use it and sale those sports. Build a Nutritional Center to aid these kids bodies during the summer, pre/post workouts, so that they can see improvements that will help them get to the next level. 

None of this is meant to bash or hate on UNT, it is meant to show where we can be improved! Recruits want to go to a place that can get them to the next level. High School Kids have no idea what they wanna do and dream/think that they can go to the NFL. UNT as it stands today is not turning out NFL Talent because of the lack of facilities to draw them here. Build the IPF, Build the weightroom, Build the Nutritional Center, have some flashy uniforms and the players will come if SL and his staff can keep winning some games. Heck, Just getting to 7-8 wins for the next 2-3 years will be huge for us. Change that image that High School coaches, parents, and players see by going to 1 or 2 more bowl games. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Because ben is like GMG's  Hillary Clinton... the more Ben talks, the more people realize how dumb these points are that ben makes. 

Ben has no plan to improve or what needs to be done, Ben just thinks it will magically improve once Wilson is hired. 

WHEN IS BEN GOING TO RELEASE THE EMAILS?  WHAT IS HE HIDING??

• Upvote 2