Texas State

Harry

I was checking out the UTEP message board, not a word about football or signing day all about basketball.  Looks like Floyd maybe out at the end of the year.   Wish we were caught up in basketball.  We have become pretty bad in all sports and it makes it hard to try and be positive about our future.  I don't get what the problem is, well benford can't coach but football.  Denton is a great town and UNT is a great school.  Denton is a college town, el paso, san antonio not so much. UTEP is like a big high school, go to school and drive home to the parents house or an apartment.  I attended UTEP and NTSU and it was like light years in the two.  NTSU was challenging and I had a great time on campus and the local area.  Back in those days a lot of the kids went home to mommy's home for the weekend.  They missed a great time in Denton.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 9:43 PM, southsideguy said:

I was checking out the UTEP message board, not a word about football or signing day all about basketball.  Looks like Floyd maybe out at the end of the year.   Wish we were caught up in basketball.  We have become pretty bad in all sports and it makes it hard to try and be positive about our future.  I don't get what the problem is, well benford can't coach but football.  Denton is a great town and UNT is a great school.  Denton is a college town, el paso, san antonio not so much. UTEP is like a big high school, go to school and drive home to the parents house or an apartment.  I attended UTEP and NTSU and it was like light years in the two.  NTSU was challenging and I had a great time on campus and the local area.  Back in those days a lot of the kids went home to mommy's home for the weekend.  They missed a great time in Denton.

Well they are known for their basketball team even though they suck this year

Texas State University Logo or Seal

Texas State University

____________________________      SOURCE:   http://www.4icu.org/us/texas/

University of North Texas Logo or Seal

University of North Texas

• Texas State Offers Slightly Cheaper In-State Tuition: ($8,950 vs. $9,346)
  • UNT Offers Slightly Cheaper Out-of-State Tuition: ($18,034 vs. $19,086)
  • UNT Provides Slightly Better Freshmen Financial Aid: (83% vs. 78% of Eligible Freshmen Receive Aid)
  • Texas State Students Graduate More in 6 Years: (55% vs. 48% Graduation Rate)
  • Texas State Students Earn Slightly More Salary Post-Graduation: ($41,000 vs. $40,000 Median Salary)
  • Both Institutions Have the Same Average Class Size: (23:1 Student-Teacher Ratio)
  • Texas State Has Slightly Hotter Summer Weather: (83°F vs. 83°F)
  • UNT Has Colder Winter Weather: (46°F vs. 52°F)

Source:   http://colleges.startclass.com/compare/4193-4235/University-of-North-Texas-vs-Texas-State-University

:huh::omg:

Last time I recall seeing the total endowment coffers of both schools TSU-San Marcos had $119,000,000 to UNT's $100,000,000   (Depending on the economy & a school's investments these numbers tend to fluctuate

BEEP!  BEEP!  Last time I checked TSU-San Marcos had over 38,000+ enrollment compared to UNT's 37,000 +

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Boca_Nasty_96 said:

Well they are known for their basketball team even though they suck this year

i think they have turned their season around, they made adjustments something we seem to be unable to do.

14 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:
Texas State University Logo or Seal

Texas State University

____________________________      SOURCE:   http://www.4icu.org/us/texas/

University of North Texas Logo or Seal

University of North Texas

• Texas State Offers Slightly Cheaper In-State Tuition: ($8,950 vs. $9,346)
  • UNT Offers Slightly Cheaper Out-of-State Tuition: ($18,034 vs. $19,086)
  • UNT Provides Slightly Better Freshmen Financial Aid: (83% vs. 78% of Eligible Freshmen Receive Aid)
  • Texas State Students Graduate More in 6 Years: (55% vs. 48% Graduation Rate)
  • Texas State Students Earn Slightly More Salary Post-Graduation: ($41,000 vs. $40,000 Median Salary)
  • Both Institutions Have the Same Average Class Size: (23:1 Student-Teacher Ratio)
  • Texas State Has Slightly Hotter Summer Weather: (83°F vs. 83°F)
  • UNT Has Colder Winter Weather: (46°F vs. 52°F)

Source:   http://colleges.startclass.com/compare/4193-4235/University-of-North-Texas-vs-Texas-State-University

:huh::omg:

Last time I recall seeing the total endowment coffers of both schools TSU-San Marcos had $119,000,000 to UNT's $100,000,000   (Depending on the economy & a school's investments these numbers tend to fluctuate

BEEP!  BEEP!  Last time I checked TSU-San Marcos had over 38,000+ enrollment compared to UNT's 37,000 +

I had no idea they were so big. It must have happened when they changed their name from SWTSU to TSU.  

• Upvote 2

On 2/1/2017 at 9:32 PM, Harry said:

Just noticed that they had the best class in the SBC.  Withers looking like a solid hire for the Bobcats.

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=SBC

He ruffled alot of HS coaches feathers down South from what I am hearing.  Not sure if it was because of how he handled last class, or treated current (former) seniors but doesn't sound like he'll be welcome in too many schools down there. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1