'17 DL Christopher Thornton (Amarillo Palo Duro) [LOI: NT]

TheReal_jayD

• Harry featured this topic
14 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Right, but they still offered, and they still believed he had FBS-level ability when they evaluated him. In this case we are the first FBS team to evaluate this kid as having an FBS prospect.

I would say his case is more similar to Joseph Ozougwu. And I think that'll be a little more similar blueprint as far as role and development path that he will take.

Speaking of Ozougwu, it was mentioned a year ago that he was up to 230 lbs. but is still listed on the website roster at 205.  Does anyone know his actual weight, and if he gained, did he retain his speed?

Back to Thornton, it is true that west Texas football isn't what it was back in 70's and 80's but there is still good talent to be found out here.  Just takes a little more looking.

• Upvote 1

I know he's not loaded with stars or offers, but this kids tape is my favorite so far from the class. I think he's got all it takes to play at this level. He's got some good pass rushing moves, fast for his size, great backside pursuit, never gives up on plays. I mean this kid gets it done and he got it done on a terrible high school team. He's my player to watch of the class.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Cerebus said:

@Censored by Laurie has been fired.

Out of a cannon. 

Into the sun.

Please read the board rules to prevent these reverse coronal mass ejections in the future.  

• RULE #1 : HAVE FUN.

done...the rest was TL;DR

• Upvote 3