HOD Tickets Almost Gone?!!!

Side Show Joe

10 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I expected more from you. #expectmore

I really don't care what you expect.

I got mine in the great Emmitt ticket giveaway. ?

I guess we should all post giving levels, eh? I think i'd win that contest between the 2 of us...

8 hours ago, Mickey said:

More of those mean green fans settling for less, settling for sub par.

I'll be in the stands. Will you? 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 9
  • Downvote 8

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

I really don't care way you expect.

I got mine in the great Emmitt ticket giveaway. ?

I guess we should all post giving levels, eh? I think is win that contest between the 2 of us...

I'll be in the stands. Will you? 

Exactly, UNT90! 

I have no idea what to expect tomorrow.  When North Texas officials in the past have been silent about publicizing season ticket sales totals or projected attendance for a game I do get a little nervous.  

See ya' at the game, fellow West O' Plexer!  

GMG!

PS:  One posted that the Wren said we have 500 tickets left from our allotment which (if any are left by tomorrow) the school's ticket office normally returns those unsold to the HOD Bowl officials for Game Day walk up customers.  One might wonder how many Army will return if they hadn't sold all of their allotment?

Moral of This Thread I Think Is:   Show up tomorrow at the HOD bowl game as there will be some tickets available for purchase. 

BEAT ARMY!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

11 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I expected more from you. #expectmore

Remember, the HOD is a charitable event honoring First Responders. If he got his ticket from Emmitt, you should be able to read between the lines. Lets focus on trying to lure more Mean Green fans to our events, instead of questioning the one that are already going.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, UNT90 said:

I guess we should all post giving levels, eh? I think i'd win that contest between the 2 of us...

67607927.jpg

7 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

Remember, the HOD is a charitable event honoring First Responders. If he got his ticket from Emmitt, you should be able to read between the lines. Lets focus on trying to lure more Mean Green fans to our events, instead of questioning the one that are already going.

Relax. I'm giving him grief. Happy holidays. See you tomorrow.

Edited by Cr1028

19 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Or how other fans see something positive in our program? Just be happy they are fans and supporting the program?

Problems happen when those fans vilify those who disagree. There has been Gestapo-like behavior from several on here if you don't rah rah it up. They even direct it toward educated sources such as BillySee and RJay because they give warnings they don't want to hear. 

Repeating the same behavior (same excuses as under Mac) and expecting a different outcome is the definition of insanity per Albert Einstein. This board has a Masters degree in that behavior.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

1 hour ago, Side Show Joe said:

But he's not a first responder and didn't get his ticket from me. 

Per usual I was just on his mind

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Guys, gals.

I think we'll actually be pretty disappointed tomorrow. If I recall correctly, the university had to go back to the HOD multiple times to increase its allotment the last time around. This time there is no mention of UNT having done so, and we're 500 remaining on our original allotment.

Sites like StubHub cannot be trusted with accurately reporting capacity, as they auto-block out the sections not under their purview.

The date is what kills us most; after our year the move to Dec. 27 marks a significant decline in attendance for the bowl in general. At least it is still after Christmas, but we won't have the mass swathes of casuals with us.

Tomorrow is going to be a showing of the die-hards, and if there is a silver lining to be found, it will be seeing how much larger that grouping has increased.

I then predict 10k on Army's side, 23k max in green.

• Upvote 6

I'm expecting a larger crowd overall, but less from us. Still would be extremely surprised if we don't set a record for HoD. We'll bring a large contingent as will Army. Just not expecting 38,000 UNT fans again.

I really would expect 25K UNT, 15-20K Army.

I think the casuals will buy into the turnaround story being played in the media. The date & time just sucks.

Edited by Ryan Munthe

24 minutes ago, Christopher Walker said:

Guys, gals.

I think we'll actually be pretty disappointed tomorrow. If I recall correctly, the university had to go back to the HOD multiple times to increase its allotment the last time around. This time there is no mention of UNT having done so, and we're 500 remaining on our original allotment.

Sites like StubHub cannot be trusted with accurately reporting capacity, as they auto-block out the sections not under their purview.

The date is what kills us most; after our year the move to Dec. 27 marks a significant decline in attendance for the bowl in general. At least it is still after Christmas, but we won't have the mass swathes of casuals with us.

Tomorrow is going to be a showing of the die-hards, and if there is a silver lining to be found, it will be seeing how much larger that grouping has increased.

I then predict 10k on Army's side, 23k max in green.

I'm expecting about 25k. There was no 8 play goal line stand this year. There was no 8-4 record. It hasn't been 10 years since UNT has been in a bowl game. UNT doesn't play on NYD along side the Cotton and Rose bowl.

25k is still a great turn out for a mid level bowl like the HOD.

25k total attendance, just to be clear.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

21 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

I'm sticking to my original prediction of 10-15k in green.

Rick

https://www.ticketcity.com/dallas-tickets/heart-of-dallas-bowl-army-black-knights-vs-north-texas-mean-green-dec-27-2016-1459359.html

No one seems to be counting the fans that the HOD Bowl people (and Emmitt) have worked especially hard in getting 1'st Responders all over the DFW Metroplex involved with this bowl game.  I'm going to guess they all have kids they will bring to this game, too.

? ? ? ? My Question Is........ why do several ticket outlets keep showing only 2 sections ie, 32 and 35 in the lower bowl as the only sections available for the purchase of tickets

If we have good day of game walk up ticket sales we will have a good crowd.   As many of you know anytime North Texas has ever had a great crowd depended on the day of game walk up customers.  We know we are not an "advance purchase" fan base & especially for a 94,000  seat Cotton Bowl stadium.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

11 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

https://www.ticketcity.com/dallas-tickets/heart-of-dallas-bowl-army-black-knights-vs-north-texas-mean-green-dec-27-2016-1459359.html

No one seems to be counting the fans that the HOD Bowl people (and Emmitt) have worked especially hard in getting 1'st Responders all over the DFW Metroplex involved with this bowl game.  I'm going to guess they all have kids they will bring to this game, too.

? ? ? ? My Question Is........ why do several ticket outlets keep showing only 2 sections ie, 32 and 35 in the lower bowl as the only sections available for the purchase of tickets

If we have good day of game walk up ticket sales we will have a good crowd.   As many of you know anytime North Texas has ever had a great crowd depended on the day of game walk up customers.  We know we are not an "advance purchase" fan base & especially for a 94,000  seat Cotton Bowl stadium.

Yep, that's what I'm seeing on some sites, nothing on stub hub, nothing on ticket master, the hod online sales are closed. Just now got clearance to go but I don't want to spend $75. Not a lot of options out there. Guess I can just show up and buy a ticket at the box office tomorrow

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

The fact that there is no secondary market should be seen as a bad sign, not a good one.

• Upvote 6

Oh well, my small group will be there.   I hope there are a bunch of fans wearing green sitting near us. One is my former roommate & his son who graduated from Texas Tech who insisted on coming to this game with us.

The fact that not much hoopla or fanfare has been made of ticket sales out of the North Texas athletic dept or the DRC might be a large clue of some of our  being a tad over-optimismistic, but I hope next time we come back to this bowl it will be with at least 9 wins along with a Top 25 ranking & a Big 10 opponent. 

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1