'17 WR Sam Crawford (Rockwall) LOCKED

Caw Caw

Sam Crawford is 5'11", 188 lbs. We offered on the 16th based on his twitter post. Has tons of offers from G5: Colorado State, UTSA, T-State, USF, Tulane, Service Schools, Fresno, ECU and more. Huge area of need obviously, i'll get to watching his film soon.

Hudl: https://t.co/VLWP3Zqvhr

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Sam-Crawford-62237/RecruitInterests

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/16888

• Upvote 1

Really wish someone in our marketing dep., would get that Mac picture banished... deleted gone, so tired of seeing it on recruits pages after a UNT offer.  Know why it's there?  Bc our departments aren't putting new pictures out there aren't putting stuff that recruits can take and put as their pictures.  Look at Tx state, UTSA, Tulane, etc etc you don't see their recruits tweeting pictures of previous head coaches. 

Seriously google UNT football and click images... such a shame.

http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/spencer_edwards_1023919.html

wonder if this guy can help us reel him in?

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Really wish someone in our marketing dep., would get that Mac picture banished... deleted gone, so tired of seeing it on recruits pages after a UNT offer.  Know why it's there?  Bc our departments aren't putting new pictures out there aren't putting stuff that recruits can take and put as their pictures.  Look at Tx state, UTSA, Tulane, etc etc you don't see their recruits tweeting pictures of previous head coaches. 

Of course, a lot okay some of those images come from old articles, hosted by sites that are not NTDaily or MeanGreenSports.com.  So, you're either asking the Sports Info Department to retroactively go to the author or host of every applicable article and ask them to update with a new pic, or you're blaming our department for Google's analytics and algorithms.

Personally, I think that's not reasonable.  But if they can pull off the kind of job that would effectively mute internet searches of anything that ties Dan McCarney to UNT, that would be pretty effin amazing.

Edited by greenminer

5 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Of course, a lot okay some of those images come from old articles, hosted by sites that are not NTDaily or MeanGreenSports.com.  So, you're either asking the Sports Info Department to retroactively go to the author or host of every applicable article and ask them to update with a new pic, or you're blaming our department for Google's analytics and algorithms.

Personally, I think that's not reasonable.  But if they can pull off the kind of job that would effectively mute internet searches of anything that ties Dan McCarney to UNT, that would be pretty effin amazing.

Lol yeah it would, not I'm talking about what comes up when you search UNT football.  You can put enough stuff online to get those things bumped to the top google searches correct? 

The second image is off meangreensports.com

Edited by GMG24

Of course, despite all the bitterness around here towards Coach Iowa, our verbals and kids that we offer are indifferent enough about it that they still post Mean Green Football pics that include Mac.  Maybe - just maybe - this reinforces @BillySee58's point about recruits being indifferent/unaware of our history.

Just a thought.

2 hours ago, greenminer said:

Of course, despite all the bitterness around here towards Coach Iowa, our verbals and kids that we offer are indifferent enough about it that they still post Mean Green Football pics that include Mac.  Maybe - just maybe - this reinforces @BillySee58's point about recruits being indifferent/unaware of our history.

Just a thought.

Yep. It's just another excuse:

You would figure at some point and time this fan base would get tired of them. 

Well, 2017 is a new year I guess...

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 7

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

Yep. It's just another excuse:

You would figure at some point and time this fan base would get tired of them. 

Well, 2017 is a new year I guess...

Serious question, Is the "fan base is complacent because of recruiting we accept" the new "fan base is complacent because we won't fire our AD"?

Let me say, I do like some of your recruiting hot takes, but you seem to get really fixated on one thing. Instead of contributing to the conversation about the recruits we post or add any of your evaluations on the kid you jump at the first chance to tell us how apathetic we all are. People don't disagree with your commentary wholesale , or @Ben Gooding, like you guys seem to think. We don't get mad about opposite opinions, I love learning more perspectives. I do however dislike dead horses being beat.

Some of what's been posted on the recruiting threads are valid concerns, but what do you expect anyone to do on the boards that would change your opinion of our apathy? I do not have millions to donate so I volunteer some time to research recruits, watch film and add what little untrained insight I can. We can not push these coaches to do more, and can't give a fair evaluation until after the recruiting season ends. 

Edited by Caw Caw
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

Serious question, Is the "fan base is complacent because of recruiting we accept" the new "fan base is complacent because we won't fire our AD"?

Let me say, I do like some of your recruiting hot takes, but you seem to get really fixated on one thing. Instead of contributing to the conversation about the recruits we post or add any of your evaluations on the kid you jump at the first chance to tell us how apathetic we all are. People don't disagree with your commentary wholesale , or @Ben Gooding, like you guys seem to think. We don't get mad about opposite opinions, I love learning more perspectives. I do however dislike dead horses being beat.

Some of what's been posted on the recruiting threads are valid concerns, but what do you expect anyone to do on the boards that would change your opinion of our apathy? I do not have millions to donate so I volunteer some time to research recruits, watch film and add what little untrained insight I can. We can not push these coaches to do more, and can't give a fair evaluation until after the recruiting season ends. 

Not making the same excuses you made for the last coach when knowledgable people (talking about Billy and Jay here) are telling you there is a concern. 

How about not sticking your head in the sand when such knowledgable people tell you the recruiting isn't much better than what got UNT to 1-11. 

How about not then trying to shame those two because they told you something you didn't want to hear.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

22 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

Some guys just have a preset agenda no matter what the topic! That is why man has invented the ignore button! GMG 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I don't see anyone showing disrespect for the opinions of Billy and Jay.  I don't see anyone that is particularly delighted with the current level of commits.  I do see people saying there is little we can do outside of debate. I do see some people saying let us make sure the patient is dead before we bury him.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, GMG24 said:

http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/spencer_edwards_1023919.html

wonder if this guy can help us reel him in?

Would be great if we could get fans, to tweet out or add some photos of the campus and even games such as the West Point game, Bowl game, Homecoming etc. We all could forward it to some place for our recruiting accounts to tweet out to kids as a reminder about UNT, and to get more photos out there as well 

6 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Would be great if we could get fans, to tweet out or add some photos of the campus and even games such as the West Point game, Bowl game, Homecoming etc. We all could forward it to some place for our recruiting accounts to tweet out to kids as a reminder about UNT, and to get more photos out there as well 

This isn't a bad idea, but IMO that is part of the athletic department or someone in football ops Job.  Herman hired 2 people at Houston who's sole job was graphics and design, I can guarantee we have no one specifically assigned that job.  Probably 1/2 people have it in their job description and we wonder why we never see new stuff?? It's really a shame. 

13 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Some guys just have a preset agenda no matter what the topic! That is why man has invented the ignore button! GMG 

You are right. Some guys do. Yours is to accept losing and vilify anyone who doesn't. Mine is to demand better.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 9

55 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

You are right. Some guys do. Yours is to accept losing and vilify anyone who doesn't. Mine is to demand better.

The post above is my real issue.  You disagree so you attack someone and pump up your own ego.  Why is that?  You claim I have some secret agenda, but when asked what it is you just turn and criticize something else.  For instance, you continued thread for your family friend and DL from Southlake.  I asked if he had other offers, as did Withers today, to which you questioned my attitude towards winning and stated he did.  I ask from who, you never answered but accused me of criticizing every single post  you make.

This young man has two offers, TAMU-Commerce and Northeastern State.  If we were to offer and sign a young man, not Zack, that had these two offers, you would be all up in arms about the coaches not doing their jobs and how we just continue to accept the "same ol' same ol.'"  

Again, I applaud you for going to bat for this young man, but maybe taking the opinion of an objective observer would do you some good on this one.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

The post above is my real issue.  You disagree so you attack someone and pump up your own ego.  Why is that?  You claim I have some secret agenda, but when asked what it is you just turn and criticize something else.  For instance, you continued thread for your family friend and DL from Southlake.  I asked if he had other offers, as did Withers today, to which you questioned my attitude towards winning and stated he did.  I ask from who, you never answered but accused me of criticizing every single post  you make.

This young man has two offers, TAMU-Commerce and Northeastern State.  If we were to offer and sign a young man, not Zack, that had these two offers, you would be all up in arms about the coaches not doing their jobs and how we just continue to accept the "same ol' same ol.'"  

Again, I applaud you for going to bat for this young man, but maybe taking the opinion of an objective observer would do you some good on this one.

I attack someone? Lol

Why do you suck off some kid from Washington while downgrading an all-area DT from one of the most talent rich areas in the nation? Because you hate me. No other reason.

I feel sorry for some of you people.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

14 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Please for the love!!!! QUIT ruining kids threads.... Go google this kid right now and our dad gum forum pops up!!! Go make your own thread and air all your grievances there. 

And I am also talking to myself. Got to quit putting things I have an issue with in Kid's threads.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Why do you suck off some kid from Washington while downgrading an all-area DT from one of the most talent rich areas in the nation? Because you hate me. No other reason.

Way over the line.   Continue this and get banned.

Both of you just need to stop replying to each other.  Nothing useful comes of it.  

2 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Way over the line.   Continue this and get banned.

Both of you just need to stop replying to each other.  Nothing useful comes of it.  

I'm all for that. But the attacks continue...

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

15 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

I attack someone? Lol

I feel sorry for some of you people.

Seriously?  I stated he had a nice frame and motor.  That's it.  

You have some serious issues.  Feeling sorry for someone?  Look in the mirror.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4