How about that Front seven!

Victorygreen04

The front 7 played well against the run. Brandon Gardner is really coming into his own. I think he is taking reps away from Fred Scott, no? Maybe to get more speed out on the field. Either way, they played damn good. I was proud of them. 

*I wish they could get some pressure on the QB in earlier quarters on downs that might not be obvious throwing downs. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

The front 7 played well against the run. Brandon Gardner is really coming into his own. I think he is taking reps away from Fred Scott, no? Maybe to get more speed out on the field. Either way, they played damn good. I was proud of them. 

*I wish they could get some pressure on the QB in earlier quarters on downs that might not be obvious throwing downs. 

Fred Scott was out with an injury tonight but Garner is coming into his own.  I was wondering if he would get lost in the coaching change but he's looks to be a player for us. 

2 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Fred Scott was out with an injury tonight but Garner is coming into his own.  I was wondering if he would get lost in the coaching change but he's looks to be a player for us. 

Fred Scott seems like a good dude. But Garner fits into this defensive scheme better anyway. Maybe against a team like UTEP Scott might fit what we need better, but against the likes of So Miss, WKU, MTSU, Marshall, La Tech I think Garner molds better into the D given what said opponents try to execute on offense. 

*I was unaware Fred was injured though. I hope he heals up quickly. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Ben Gooding said:

Fred Scott seems like a good dude. But Garner fits into this defensive scheme better anyway. Maybe against a team like UTEP Scott might fit what we need better, but against the likes of So Miss, WKU, MTSU, Marshall, La Tech I think Garner molds better into the D given what said opponents try to execute on offense. 

*I was unaware Fred was injured though. I hope he heals up quickly. 

You may be right about Garner being a better fit.  

• Upvote 1