Adopted Player Updates Thread from SMU Game

UNT 90 Grad

Well, my adopted player is true freshman Dakota Michaels.  Though he didn't make this past week's two-deep, I was happy to see him included in the program, though his picture looks remarkably like SOW.  I was curious what position they'd have him slotted in since he played 3 or more positions while at Lovejoy High School.  He is listed as a wide receiver.

Dakota was in the sidelines in his jersey, but in shorts and no pads.  Looked like he might be injured. 

Lets hear the updates in your players.   Hopefully you've got something a little more interesting than I have. 

Jeffrey "the Weapon" Wilson had a solid game. Rushed for 86 yards and a TD, averaging 5.7 yards a carry. He also added another 55 yards receiving.

If Rico Bussey, LaDarius Hamilton, Wille Robinson, or Kelvin Smith have yet to be adopted, someone needs to pick them up. Those guys look like they will be important contributors this season.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 1

I believe that Nate Brooks only had a PBU and one tackle but they didn't throw much in his direction this time.  He did give up a long reception when he was running stride for stride with Courtland Sutton but the ball was perfectly placed in the only area where Brooks could not touch the ball.

Mr. Jareid Combs had 1 sack and 2 tackles this week versus SMU.  He was dealing with multiple double teams throughout the night.  His favorite move seems to be the bull rush and that wasn't working very well.  He seemed a little out of shape we can chalk that up to the first game.  Excited to see what he can do as the year progresses!

20 hours ago, Side Show Joe said:

If Rico Bussey, LaDarius Hamilton, Wille Robinson, or Kelvin Smith have yet to be adopted, someone needs to pick them up. Those guys look like they will be important contributors this season.

My boy Hambone was all over the field. 3 tackles and 1 for loss. Also played a big part in the int by Davis.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, unt37 said:

My boy Hambone was all over the field. 3 tackles and 1 for loss. Also played a big part in the int by Davis.

He certainly stood out on Saturday.  If he gets better and better with experience, he could be the next in our long line of successful (re:NFL) LBs.  Very impressed with this young man.

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

He certainly stood out on Saturday.  If he gets better and better with experience, he could be the next in our long line of successful (re:NFL) LBs.  Very impressed with this young man.

Yeah especially since he even has the size to get drafted, no knock on Orr or Craig but he's already taller than both.