SMU Athletics Reveals Future Facilities Projects

NTAlum09

5 minutes ago, meangreenbob said:

What the alumni won't support is a program that up until now, and that's still questionable, has not made an honest and strong commitment to achieving excellence at the highest level.

The program by itself can't make that commitment.  It is up to the UNIVERSITY LEADERSHIP to make that commitment by setting the appropriate goals, committing the appropriate resources to meet those goals, and then holding those in charge of reaching those goals accountable.  

If the University leadership decides the goals are "hey field a team in an FBS league, maybe win a few games, but be as cheap as possible" then no one is ever going to succeed (to the fans level) in the AD role.  

23 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

Any indoor facility should be multi-sport (FB, Soccer, Track).

22 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Is that common practice for D1 universities? 

Multi purpose practice facilities used to be the way to go, but in the arms race going on, it is less common. UH just built a basketball practice facility, construction on the football practice facility starts after  the season ends, and the old multi purpose facility remains for the other sports. Herman's contract even has lower buyouts if progress towards a football only facility isnt met

3 hours ago, Harry said:

You stated it much more eloquently than me.  I think we are of the same mindset though.

Same page. Go Mean Green!!

2 hours ago, Cerebus said:

The program by itself can't make that commitment.  It is up to the UNIVERSITY LEADERSHIP to make that commitment by setting the appropriate goals, committing the appropriate resources to meet those goals, and then holding those in charge of reaching those goals accountable.  

If the University leadership decides the goals are "hey field a team in an FBS league, maybe win a few games, but be as cheap as possible" then no one is ever going to succeed (to the fans level) in the AD role.  

I concur.

16 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

I sure hope so, but RV specifically said he did not see the need for an IPF and there were higher priority items on the list. 

Maybe if we ink the deal with the Cowboys we get to use their facility while they are in Cali. 

I'd like to see UNT build a multi use indoor practice facility in the future. Especially for off season use.

I would imagine Frisco ISD will get first rights to using that facility for all their high schools because they paid a lot of money for it and they all excited to use it. Using the stadium has nothing to do with UNT student internships either. Besides all that, I'd rather see our team acclimate to the outrageous temperatures outside right now.

• Upvote 1