Left on hold with UNT ticket office

UNT90

4 hours ago, untcampbell said:

940-565-2527

Worked for me. Human with a kind and professional demeanor answered. No recording. 

GMG

This worked for me on the first ring. Someone up there actually used some common sense and made sure there were "operators available". Especially on the day of the big meeting. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Aldo said:

If anyone wants the ticket sales job here you go:

https://jobs.unt.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1467039924884 

(Now that's not making an excuse for them, someone should be answering the phones)

Funny thing, I applied for that job a couple years ago last time it came up...had some way crazy, slightly outside the box ideas...never got a response.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Just tried again, same "all lines are busy, your call will be answered when rep available" messing.age.

UNBELIEVABLE.

No it's not. I tried several times for the last UNT UTSA and never received service. I quit trying. When a customer gives up trying to give you money your organization will have a difficult time growing. I frankly gave up and will buy at the gate next year.

• Upvote 4

I called a few weeks ago to renew mine.  Unfortunately, I made the mistake of calling at 4:50 and the guy that wanted to go home at 5:00 answered.  I was told that their computer was not working and that i needed to call back in the morning.  The next morning I called as soon as they opened and the computers were working fine.  Sadly, this wasn't my first experience with the ticket office to be told to call back at a later time.

• Upvote 5

This right here is why athletic departments MUST monitor fan sites, people are far more likely to post a complaint on a fan site, facebook, or twitter than hunt down the person in charge.

Customer service is another thing that starts up top. Right after we hired our current AD, I dropped in for a visit and within a minute or two I was asked if anyone had stopped me in the halls and asked if I needed help. I said yes and was asked to describe the person. The AD had been pounding into everyone that if they saw someone they did not recognize to stop and ask if they needed help and he was using visitors to spot check whether it was actually happening.

You post a problem on our board odds are pretty good you'll get a response in 24 hours from someone with the power to do something.

It most certainly hasn't always been that way.

• Upvote 6

10 hours ago, Arkstfan said:

This right here is why athletic departments MUST monitor fan sites, people are far more likely to post a complaint on a fan site, facebook, or twitter than hunt down the person in charge.

Customer service is another thing that starts up top. Right after we hired our current AD, I dropped in for a visit and within a minute or two I was asked if anyone had stopped me in the halls and asked if I needed help. I said yes and was asked to describe the person. The AD had been pounding into everyone that if they saw someone they did not recognize to stop and ask if they needed help and he was using visitors to spot check whether it was actually happening.

You post a problem on our board odds are pretty good you'll get a response in 24 hours from someone with the power to do something.

It most certainly hasn't always been that way.

You guys up in J'Boro get it!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

FYI, I received a call from Mike Smith (ticket office?) yesterday evening to remind me that the "deadline" for season ticket renewals is Thursday.  So they are reaching out. 

I still haven't decided whether to go for the "Mean Green Flex Plan", or to renew my seats in 105.  I'm concerned that with a new AD, they will make changes in the ticket structure and that could include doing away with the Flex Plan, and then what?   So I might go ahead and renew and wait to see what happens next year.  Not Sure.

On 6/27/2016 at 9:58 AM, oldguystudent said:

Have you ever tried doing that?  I haven't at football, but at basketball, I find it easier and more pleasant to exchange HUD settlement statements with my ex-wife.

We do it almost every week.  It's no problem.  We order up four tickets, hand them cash or card, and they give us four tickets. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, untbowler said:

You guys up in J'Boro get it!!

We do now.

It wasn't always that way. I'm a serious fan and for nearly 20 years I almost never renewed my season tickets by the deadline and when I got around to it, the process was generally a real pain once you finally got someone to answer the phone and get you to the person who could take a credit card transaction. Order tickets for a road game? Nightmare and they expected you to swing by and get the tickets, before the roads were improved, swing by meant a two hour one way trip and it was hard to convince them to mail a blooming ticket.

Now? I renew before the deadline. You miss the deadline you get a phone call basically telling you give me your credit card NOW or give me a firm day you are paying. I know a few people who didn't think they were serious and called in a month after the deadline and they were very accommodating helping them find their new seats because their old ones were gone. Under the old administration a friend knew someone giving up their old seats and called to try to buy them a couple weeks before the season. They wouldn't give him the spot because they might still renew. The guy giving them up had to call and tell them he was giving up the seats (had taken a job in Houston) just to free them up.

The new bunch WANTS your money and they want you to feel appreciated so they can get even more of it.

I expected our fan base to rebel and whine about putting money over long-time fans, but it has been the opposite, now they know AState is serious.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Arkstfan said:

We do now.

It wasn't always that way. I'm a serious fan and for nearly 20 years I almost never renewed my season tickets by the deadline and when I got around to it, the process was generally a real pain once you finally got someone to answer the phone and get you to the person who could take a credit card transaction. Order tickets for a road game? Nightmare and they expected you to swing by and get the tickets, before the roads were improved, swing by meant a two hour one way trip and it was hard to convince them to mail a blooming ticket.

Now? I renew before the deadline. You miss the deadline you get a phone call basically telling you give me your credit card NOW or give me a firm day you are paying. I know a few people who didn't think they were serious and called in a month after the deadline and they were very accommodating helping them find their new seats because their old ones were gone. Under the old administration a friend knew someone giving up their old seats and called to try to buy them a couple weeks before the season. They wouldn't give him the spot because they might still renew. The guy giving them up had to call and tell them he was giving up the seats (had taken a job in Houston) just to free them up.

The new bunch WANTS your money and they want you to feel appreciated so they can get even more of it.

I expected our fan base to rebel and whine about putting money over long-time fans, but it has been the opposite, now they know AState is serious.

If you guys ever start missing the good ole days we have some folks you might be interested in interviewing.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Stix said:

FYI, I received a call from Mike Smith (ticket office?) yesterday evening to remind me that the "deadline" for season ticket renewals is Thursday.  So they are reaching out. 

I still haven't decided whether to go for the "Mean Green Flex Plan", or to renew my seats in 105.  I'm concerned that with a new AD, they will make changes in the ticket structure and that could include doing away with the Flex Plan, and then what?   So I might go ahead and renew and wait to see what happens next year.  Not Sure.

Yeah, I also got a call at 7:30pm. I didn't think they kept those hours.

32 minutes ago, North Texas Shep said:

Yeah, I also got a call at 7:30pm. I didn't think they kept those hours.

I got a call in the middle of Litrell's speech from Nittardy.  If I were cynical, I would believe that they took the sign in sheet for the event and then ran to see who had not yet renewed for 2016.  But that's just tin foil talk.  Right?

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

I got a call in the middle of Litrell's speech from Nittardy.  If I were cynical, I would believe that they took the sign in sheet for the event and then ran to see who had not yet renewed for 2016.  But that's just tin foil talk.  Right?

that would be smart of them to do that....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thought I would add my experience to the thread.

I called this morning and the phone was answered on the 2nd or 3rd ring.   I renewed my four tickets and Mean Green Club donation and was off the phone in 5 minutes tops.   I was having a flat fixed this morning to did it from the waiting room.  I didn't have any of my information with me, but they were able to look it up quickly.   Not trying to make excuses for those that had a bad experience, but for me anyway it was painless and quick.

Customers are generally more likely to provide feedback or take a customer satisfaction survey when they have a bad experience so it gets weighted to the negative side.   I felt it was important for me to add my feedback on the positive side.  

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, keith said:

Thought I would add my experience to the thread.

I called this morning and the phone was answered on the 2nd or 3rd ring.   I renewed my four tickets and Mean Green Club donation and was off the phone in 5 minutes tops.   I was having a flat fixed this morning to did it from the waiting room.  I didn't have any of my information with me, but they were able to look it up quickly.   Not trying to make excuses for those that had a bad experience, but for me anyway it was painless and quick.

Customers are generally more likely to provide feedback or take a customer satisfaction survey when they have a bad experience so it gets weighted to the negative side.   I felt it was important for me to add my feedback on the positive side.  

Serious question:

Did you call the main number listed on the  meangreensports.com website? Ending in 2527? 

If so, I'm glad to see that it got fixed after the 2nd complaint.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2