Renew Your Tickets

Aldo

1 hour ago, oldguystudent said:

so what's the incentive?

On 6/11/2016 at 10:28 PM, THOR said:

Thanks dude...guess I'll renew June 29th.  

On 6/11/2016 at 11:33 PM, UNT90 said:

Even if you don't, they will still be there come August 20th...

Do you lose your points?

On 6/10/2016 at 2:39 PM, Matt from A700 said:

Until Apogee starts recording sellouts, why don't we invite even more nearby schools to the games, and not just elementary kids but middle schoolers and high schoolers who are starting to think about what they want to do and where they want to go after grade school.

I've seen this done a handful of times, but I think it's a good idea.

To counter the "it decreases the value of the ticket" argument, no one is buying tickets anyway. So it's a good way to 1. fill seats out and more importantly 2. indoctrinate. 

Market your brand. A brand that has hit rock bottom.

Edited by Aldo

23 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I think you might lose your consecutive years points or something, which is like 2 points.  If my priority points account has ever in any way affected my life, I'm completely unaware of it.

16 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

This.

I get it. And I think it's a good takeaway that the department has a long way to go with how it brands, markets, and incentivizes (sp?) being a booster. 

The next guy or gal has a lot of work ahead of them (in this specific regard).

30 minutes ago, Aldo said:

I get it. And I think it's a good takeaway that the department has a long way to go with how it brands, markets, and incentivizes (sp?) being a booster. 

The next guy or gal has a lot of work ahead of them (in this specific regard).

I think it's a bit of a chicken and egg thing.  Purportedly, seating assignments to the HOD bowl and tickets to the SMU game were based on priority points, but I never saw any evidence that that was actually the case.  

It's never been explained to me.

I imagine that I did have better seats to the HOD bowl than somebody who bought walkup, but don't really know.  

It was never explained to me.  

As for SMU, I'll never know because I seemed unable to purchase a ticket without also purchasing a $20 sandwich from Jimmy John's.

It was never explained to me.

I think there might be some thing with points that would enable me to park marginally closer to the stadium on home games.

It's never been explained to me.

End game:  Without overwhelming demand in which priority points might actually prevent/enable me from attending some event like a bowl game or a local road game, without any explanation or evidence of what, if anything, they do, they are more or less just like the points on Whose Line Is It Anyway?

• Upvote 1

On June 10, 2016 at 2:39 PM, Matt from A700 said:

Until Apogee starts recording sellouts, why don't we invite even more nearby schools to the games, and not just elementary kids but middle schoolers and high schoolers who are starting to think about what they want to do and where they want to go after grade school. It may be a little embarrassing almost giving away thousands of tickets just to fill seats six years into a new stadium, but hell:

1. Selling the ticket at just $5/kid is still better than half the stadium being empty.

2. That's more concession money and first-timers are more likely to buy Mean Green gear.

3. Kids are loud.

Even if we just did this for a year, and then after that as the team improved, we pushed just one of the home games for future students like we do now.

Pretty sure you can't give things to anyone above the 6th grade or it would be considered an impermissible recruiting benefit.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I imagine that I did have better seats to the HOD bowl than somebody who bought walkup, but don't really know.  

While I got pretty damn good seats to the SMU game, I was sold a HOD ticket where the band sat, so had to move. But whatever. Time to move forward

5 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

Pretty sure you can't give things to anyone above the 6th grade or it would be considered an impermissible recruiting benefit.

Interesting. I can see Boys and Girls Club, or Boy/Girl scouts getting bulk tickets. But what about like, Geography/Math club or some school-sponsored or school-affiliated organization?

Just now, Aldo said:

While I got pretty damn good seats to the SMU game, I was sold a HOD ticket where the band sat, so had to move. But whatever. Time to move forward

Interesting. I can see Boys and Girls Club, or Boy/Girl scouts getting bulk tickets. But what about like, Geography/Math club or some school-sponsored or school-affiliated organization?

And then one of those kids just happens to be good at football/basketball and math?

That's one reason why only little kids can do the sweeping at home  basketball games (outside of college kids/adults). The free admission/tshirt/on court experience can be seen as benefits.

• Upvote 2

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 0:25 PM, greenjoe said:

We need fans that support North Texas.  Not a particular coach or a particular AD or a particular offensive or defensive style.  Fans, and when I say fans, I mean people that will spend their money on North Texas Athletics and not wait until the everything is to their liking.  It never will be.  We need fans that will buy season tickets and attend the games because North Texas is playing.  Not a big name team they think is more impressive.  We need fans that are able to forget that the concession guy or the security guard was rude to them.  We need fans that are willing to sit in the stands and cheer because North Texas is playing.  Fans that are willing to put up (their support-money) or just shut up.  We've got plenty of people that are holding North Texas Athletics hostage.  "If they..." or 'When they..." or "Not until they..."  We don't need anymore of those people. 

But season tickets

Join the Mean Green Club

Just because it's North Texas.  No other reason needed.

This is exactly the way I feel.  Show up because it is your school. 

That is all the reason you should need.

• Upvote 1

On June 7, 2016 at 0:25 PM, greenjoe said:

We need fans that support North Texas.  Not a particular coach or a particular AD or a particular offensive or defensive style.  Fans, and when I say fans, I mean people that will spend their money on North Texas Athletics and not wait until the everything is to their liking.  It never will be.  We need fans that will buy season tickets and attend the games because North Texas is playing.  Not a big name team they think is more impressive.  We need fans that are able to forget that the concession guy or the security guard was rude to them.  We need fans that are willing to sit in the stands and cheer because North Texas is playing.  Fans that are willing to put up (their support-money) or just shut up.  We've got plenty of people that are holding North Texas Athletics hostage.  "If they..." or 'When they..." or "Not until they..."  We don't need anymore of those people. 

Well stated Joe.

And yes, I renewed season tickets and MGC last week.