MGB: What the addition of Tyreke Davis tells us

Brett Vito

19 hours ago, GMG24 said:

I did see some film of him in coverage and in space and he was pretty special. 

He definitely is. I'm just used to seeing him as an offensive player. It always threw me a little when Coach would throw Davis and Spencer Sanders in on defense. It usually worked, yes, but there was that momentary feeling of "Wait, what?!? ...oh, right!"

1 minute ago, RushnStudies said:

He definitely is. I'm just used to seeing him as an offensive player. It always threw me a little when Coach would throw Davis and Spencer Sanders in on defense. It usually worked, yes, but there was that momentary feeling of "Wait, what?!? ...oh, right!"

Ok, I thought I saw Spencer Sanders in a highlight video from an Allen offensive player but I wasn't sure if they doubled up on numbers. 

1 minute ago, RushnStudies said:

No, that was Sanders. He got put in on defense for several plays during the Amarillo Tascosa game too.

Thats called putting your Alpha dog on the field and trusting him to make plays. I like that personally.  When it gets down to the time when you need something put your play makers on the field. Especially at the HS level

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Thats called putting your Alpha dog on the field and trusting him to make plays. I like that personally.  When it gets down to the time when you need something put your play makers on the field. Especially at the HS level

Oh, I get it, believe me. I'm pretty sure he was on defensive plays in other games as well; those two are just the ones I remember. We had several players who played both ways when necessary. That team may not have gotten past Allen (which is 2.5x larger than Ryan), but there is some special talent there.

2 hours ago, RushnStudies said:

Oh, I get it, believe me. I'm pretty sure he was on defensive plays in other games as well; those two are just the ones I remember. We had several players who played both ways when necessary. That team may not have gotten past Allen (which is 2.5x larger than Ryan), but there is some special talent there.

Yes, Ryan will be a handful in 5a.... Seriously going to put some whoopings on this level..

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Good movie... Better defensive position. I think he will be a good fit.

200w.gif

200w_d.gif

• Upvote 1