DaMarcus Smith kicked off team

MeanGreenDan

Just now, Aldo said:

Well that's that I guess.

On to Fine and Morris.

Means has to got to show something, or else I'm sure he'll be in the hot seat too. Shanbour's got to shine.

We got Chumley!! 

2 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

We got Chumley!! 

Good one ;-) 

Honestly, though, I really hope he makes the switch to TE (or receiver or whatever they're called on this team now) sooner rather than later.

2 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Means to outside WR maybe? He's got the size

Has he got the skill? He can run it, but he's still a little stiff. We've put a lot of QBs at receiver out there already. Grimm, Dillman, Hair-Griffin, Chumley one day, any others?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Aldo said:

Good one ;-) 

Honestly, though, I really hope he makes the switch to TE (or receiver or whatever they're called on this team now) sooner rather than later.

H-Back, and I agree, well that or DE. Still wish Dillman got a shot. 

Edited by GMG24

17 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

H-Back, and I agree, well that or DE. Still wish Dillman got a shot. 

You know, I think there's a misconception that Chumley has a tight end frame. He's a lot more slender than people realize. I think in reality he's in the 220s. I would like to see him be the CUSA Kelvin Benjamin.

Just now, GreenTexan13 said:

Who is going to compete with Morris for the stating job? Fine?

Fine will be fine but he needs to redshirt this year.  He won't be here until Fall.  We needed to have two QB's split  the reps in this spring so they could both learn the Littrell system etc.  So this is a big blow.  I'm guessing Means and Shanbour etc will split the reps now.  You had to burn a year to get Smith going at QB and now you let him walk away right before Spring. 

My only hope is that they have a walk-on who is enrolled, has played before and could offer them some depth.

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

Fine will be fine but he needs to redshirt this year.  He won't be here until Fall.  We needed to have two QB's split  the reps in this spring so they could both learn the Littrell system etc.  So this is a big blow.  I'm guessing Means and Shanbour etc will split the reps now.  You had to burn a year to get Smith going at QB and now you let him walk away right before Spring. 

My only hope is that they have a walk-on who is enrolled, has played before and could offer them some depth.

Good point, although I think that if we don't get our walk on guy. I think that this propels Morris as the front runner for 2016. I seriously thought Smith would have a real shot at starting for this team. If this situation happened under Mac and Chico, I would probably have a heart attack right now. I'm actually confident Littrell has this QB situation under control, so far.

Edited by GreenTexan13
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

You know, I think there's a misconception that Chumley has a tight end frame. He's a lot more slender than people realize. I think in reality he's in the 220s. I would like to see him be the CUSA Kelvin Benjamin.

KB ain't slender, but I'd agree he could be high risk high reward. Watching Chumley in spring drills, he is physically imposing. He towered over Means, and he's not small at 6-4, 215.

He's a big athlete, just need to put him in the right spot.

• Upvote 1