This is why we want a new AD

untjim1995

Nice, but not surprising, that they quote only one "fan", and that one fan being a very disgruntled one.  Fair and balanced it is not, but no sugar coating the low attendance numbers.  Not good and needs attention...serious attention.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 25

Your email from the MGC today trumpets how men's basketball has won its 10th home game of the season. The letter must have been composed by some of the posters I read on here. Success is not the "S-word" I shouted when I read that story.

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 2

I get angry every time I see that article.

Yes we have hired a new football coach, but overall, more can and should be done. As fans, do you really believe enough of our issues have been adequately addressed? Men's basketball is averaging 2,006 per game so far in our 11-16 campaign. That's down 600 fans per game over last season. But for some reason Smatresk stays quiet and we stay the course. At this point, I don't have much faith in Smatresk.

• Upvote 7

51 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

I get angry every time I see that article.

Yes we have hired a new football coach, but overall, more can and should be done. As fans, do you really believe enough of our issues have been adequately addressed? Men's basketball is averaging 2,006 per game so far in our 11-16 campaign. That's down 600 fans per game over last season. But for some reason Smatresk stays quiet and we stay the course. At this point, I don't have much faith in Smatresk.

I've been saying this for about 2 months. Nothing but church mice coming out of that office. Damn shame. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Or, Smatresk is professional and does not air the dirty laundry in public.  Time will tell because RV should be gone along with Benford at the end of basketball season.

And if the probable happens and he isn't?  I get not airing dirty laundry. But not cleaning dirty laundry I do not get. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Time will tell, but a change has to be made.  If one isn't made, then Smatresk has to go public and explain why.  If not, the silence will kill the department and fundraising and alumni engagement will decline in all areas.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Nice, but not surprising, that they quote only one "fan", and that one fan being a very disgruntled one.  Fair and balanced it is not, but no sugar coating the low attendance numbers.  Not good and needs attention...serious attention.

Most people just walk the F away, Mark. Like over 6k a game did last year for football.

Don't try to scapegoat Denny for having the guts to publicly talk about problems inside this AD and the lies told by Rick Villarreal. 

I think a lot of you will be shocked by football attendance numbers this fall.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5