Coaches clinic at UNT tonight

GMG24

I want to brag on Nic Summerfield real quick.  I messaged him on twitter last night at 9 pm to check on the coaches clinic they are putting on tonight.  He messaged me back within 5 minutes and answered all questions and even commented on being an alum and glad I was coming back.  Really good for the university and a nice experience.  Marcus HS staff and UNT are putting on offensive and defensive clinics from 7-9

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, GMG24 said:

I want to brag on Nic Summerfield real quick.  I messaged him on twitter last night at 9 pm to check on the coaches clinic they are putting on tonight.  He messaged me back within 5 minutes and answered all questions and even commented on being an alum and glad I was coming back.  Really good for the university and a nice experience.  Marcus HS staff and UNT are putting on offensive and defensive clinics from 7-9

Will Chris Cosh be there to sign autographs? Or will Coach Mac be passing out stickers at the front door like retirees at Walmart?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 8

16 hours ago, untcampbell said:

Will be nice to have this guy back on campus, if he is attending:

http://www.marcusfootball.com/index.php?cID=323

Marcus was presenting offense while Wylie staff presented Defense.  Then UNT offense and defense presented and breakout sessions happened where position coaches got on a board and just talked ball. It was an incredible experience with 250+ HS coaches from as far as Midloathian in attendance. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Marcus was presenting offense while Wylie staff presented Defense.  Then UNT offense and defense presented and breakout sessions happened where position coaches got on a board and just talked ball. It was an incredible experience with 250+ HS coaches from as far as Midloathian in attendance. 

Were coaches clinics a common occurrence under previous staffs? And, if so, how did this one compare to previous clinics?

So I have three random and separate encounters with Nic that he probably doesn't remember. First was at a bar in Shreveport when we were geared up in North Texas gear before the 2013 LaTech game in Ruston. Second, we ran into him at the Omni before the Heart of Dallas bowl. Not sure who else was there and remembers this, but his buddy and Dan McCarney's son apparently got stuck in the elevator. Fire department came and everything. Third was when I sat next to his dad at the Heart of Dallas bowl not realizing it was him. He apparently knew McCarney and McNulty's dad from back in the day. Kinda wish I hadn't said "Man, McNulty sucks" to him when DT went out for a couple snaps. Oh well. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Clinics yes, but nothing even close to this.  These guys were on boards all across the club level broken down by position just talking x's and o's with coaches on what they do in situations it was really really cool.  Littrell talked about Power read, inside zone, midline zones and how he knows what he wants to run in each and where he teaches to key.  I would be willing to bet we see alot of trips and  some TE trips (Littrell did mention TE trips quite a bit) it was a very cool experience. Coach Wager from Arlington Martin was in the group where Littrell was talking on the board and man did he have some HIGH praise for Littrell and his staff.  Everyone of those guys is down to earth looking for football players they dont care how big or how small.  They are very realistic on guys UNT can legitimately get, while knowing they want some guys who are tough shots.  Defensively I can see us being in a TON of odd front looks, where we walk OLB down and it turns into a 4 man front.  Reffett talked at length about being at Memphis and giving teams fits with undersized guys all over the field by having DL move and slant and keeping OL off balance.  He talked about it not making sense to line up a 270 LB DT in a 3 technique and letting a 310 LB OL know right where he is and where he is going to be.  I really really enjoyed it and gained some valuable coaching knowledge, as well as got to know the coaches.  

Sounds like we will have Air Raid stuff, or heavy run Littrell will truly tailor his offense to whatever we have. 

Good to know we are getting better in this area. I am always curious as to how the new staff does things compared to how Dodge and Mac did it. Everything we do now should be(has to be) better than before. If we want to be big time, we have to ACT big time.

Did it seem to be on par with clinics you have been to at other colleges?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Eagle-96 said:

Good to know we are getting better in this area. I am always curious as to how the new staff does things compared to how Dodge and Mac did it. Everything we do now should be(has to be) better than before. If we want to be big time, we have to ACT big time.

Did it seem to be on par with clinics you have been to at other colleges?

Only been to a few and never other colleges, I plan on going to SMU clinic to compare. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On February 17, 2016 at 1:04 PM, NTAlum09 said:

Will Chris Cosh be there to sign autographs? Or will Coach Mac be passing out stickers at the front door like retirees at Walmart?

What in the Sam Hill are you meaning here?  You really seem to be stretching to find something both negative and irrelevant to post.  What is your point here?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

4 minutes ago, NTAlum09 said:

And KRAM 1 is also white trash

Jabroni??  What are you, a WWE starter kit? 

Not that he needs my help, but your comment above is way out of line.  You may not agree with all he posts, like his point of view, etc... but KRAM has done more, spent more of his personal time and raised more money for the athletic department than 99% of the people on here or in the alumni association.  Some day you may learn to appreciate what others have done, like KRAM, and realize your juvenile remarks and name calling are inappropriate.

• Upvote 6

15 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Jabroni??  What are you, a WWE starter kit? 

Not that he needs my help, but your comment above is way out of line.  You may not agree with all he posts, like his point of view, etc... but KRAM has done more, spent more of his personal time and raised more money for the athletic department than 99% of the people on here or in the alumni association.  Some day you may learn to appreciate what others have done, like KRAM, and realize your juvenile remarks and name calling are inappropriate.

Someday you both can appreciate a little sarcastic humor. You don't have always have to be uptight. Enjoy life brother!

X5xb1jX.jpg?1

Edited by NTAlum09
  • Downvote 4