Middle Tennessee Raises Over $105 Million

Coach Bill Lewis

8 hours ago, Coach Bill Lewis said:

Under the university's Centennial Campaign which ended Dec 31.

Some of that money was and already has been earmarked for athletics including the construction of the stadium club area in Floyd Stadium and the recently constructed indoor tennis facility. Largest fund raising campaign in school history.

UNT really needs to start a real fundraising campaign. It's getting to be crazy. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

21 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

So all the fundraising for the new athletic center, stadium, tennis complex, liberty christian complex (soccer stadium, softball stadium, basketball practice facility), super pit upgrades, etc....  don't count as a real fundraising campaign?

Sure it does. Was it 105M? 

Also, I am not referring to asking people for money that are already bought in practical shareholders. I mean going out on what would be a limb for UNT and tapping into the untapped. 

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

44 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Also, I am not referring to asking people for money that are already bought in practical shareholders. I mean going out on what would be a limb for UNT and tapping into the untapped. 

Our facilities in C-USA are top notch! Start winning and more money will follow!

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

16 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Our facilities in C-USA are top notch! Start winning and more money will follow!

Lol. You really really really don't get it.

Until we have someone in the ADs office that knows how to cultivate new donors and widen the donor base without alienate them a short time later (I think they just see the mess they have committed to and get the hell out), nothing changes. 

It didn't after 2013. It didn't in the JJ run.

When do you place the blame on the man actually responsible for fundraising? Apparently not after 15 years, according to you.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

Lol. You really really really don't get it.

Until we have someone in the ADs office that knows how to cultivate new donors and widen the donor base without alienate them a short time later (I think they just see the mess they have committed to and get the hell out), nothing changes. 

It didn't after 2013. It didn't in the JJ run.

When do you place the blame on the man actually responsible for fundraising? Apparently not after 15 years, according to you.

Did I mention RV? As usual you always have to spin it that way. I said facilities!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Wag Tag said:

Did I mention RV? As usual you always have to spin it that way. I said facilities!

No, you said winning solves everything. It doesn't and won't at UNT, especially with RV in the AD's chair. 

There needs to be complete change of culture, top to bottom, in the AD. That can't happen with RV collecting a check and hoping to hold on for a state retirement, can it?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 6

Just now, UNT90 said:

No, you said winning solves everything. It doesn't and won't at UNT, especially with RV in the AD's chair. 

There needs to be complete change of culture, top to bottom, in the AD. That can't happen with RV collecting a check and hoping to hold on for a state retirement, can it?

Winning will solve everything! I wonder how much RV slams we're going on leading up to the HOD bowl? Seth is successful and a new BB coach becomes successful less stress on RV! Should he be fired? Hell yes and hopefully that will happen!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

10 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Winning will solve everything! I wonder how much RV slams we're going on leading up to the HOD bowl? Seth is successful and a new BB coach becomes successful less stress on RV! Should he be fired? Hell yes and hopefully that will happen!

Are you talking about RV being fired or Benford?

And there was plenty of criticism of RV in 2013 and early 2014, especially when some didn't get their bowl game tickets to extremely late in the process. That's right, ticket office was a problem way back then. 

And of course basketball failure was in full swing at that time. 

So...

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

34 minutes ago, drex said:

All the Louisiana schools better start praying...their state budget woes threaten all state universities.  There is talk of LSU not fielding a team this year due to financial restraints.

LSU? As in THE Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge not fielding a college football team? Whomever is doing that talking might be a few crawfish short of a mud bug boil. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Eagle1855 said:

It didn't. But to be fair, we haven't really done anything of note.

We got beaten down by KSU and Memphis during the JJ run. Big deal. Is it better than what we have now? Absolutely. Do I pine for the JJ days? Every single day. But we need some wins that actually matter in a major sport. Win a tournament game. Upset a ranked team for once. Hell, get a national ranking in basketball at some point, ever.

Try winning more than 10 games in football once. Beat ANY ranked team. Crack the top 25.

We've done nothing of note in any major sport at UNT. Sure, we've had some success compared to our history, but that perceived success is still fairly marginal in the context of the rest of Division 1 athletics.  

I would think just from the increase in attendance during the JJ era (and more specially, the final six years) would have resulted in more memory coming in. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Eagle1855 said:

It didn't. But to be fair, we haven't really done anything of note.

We got beaten down by KSU and Memphis during the JJ run. Big deal. Is it better than what we have now? Absolutely. Do I pine for the JJ days? Every single day. But we need some wins that actually matter in a major sport. Win a tournament game. Upset a ranked team for once. Hell, get a national ranking in basketball at some point, ever.

Try winning more than 10 games in football once. Beat ANY ranked team. Crack the top 25.

We've done nothing of note in any major sport at UNT. Sure, we've had some success compared to our history, but that perceived success is still fairly marginal in the context of the rest of Division 1 athletics.  

On this we agree, but do you really think beating a top 25 team of a team that matters is ever going to happen when we only play them on the road? 

Do you really think any of this can be accomploshed without a sweeping changes inside the AD? 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 6

On 2/13/2016 at 3:15 PM, GreenN'walinsVet said:

So all the fundraising for the new athletic center, stadium, tennis complex, liberty christian complex (soccer stadium, softball stadium, basketball practice facility), super pit upgrades, etc....  don't count as a real fundraising campaign?

I like this.  Sun shines ... people forget.  They are the people who should be forced to sit at the remnant of Fouts during football games. 

• Upvote 4

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 3:27 PM, Ben Gooding said:

You do realize that only some of the $105 million goes to athletics, right?  And the last campaign UNT had raised over $250,000,000...with some of it going to athletics. I believe over 25% of the donors to this campaign at UNT were first time donors.  So, did exactly what you are referring to and more than doubled Middle's total.  The next UNT campaign goal will be much higher and plans are already underway.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

You do realize that only some of the $105 million goes to athletics, right?  And the last campaign UNT had raised over $250,000,000...with some of it going to athletics. I believe over 25% of the donors to this campaign at UNT were first time donors.  So, did exactly what you are referring to and more than doubled Middle's total.  The next UNT campaign goal will be much higher and plans are already underway.

That's fantastic. Get that 25% to 35-40%. More donors then more expectations athletically and academically. 

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

That's fantastic. Get that 25% to 35-40%. More donors then more expectations athletically and academically. 

We are trying.   Could use more action on alums parts and less just talk.  Acta Non Verba, Ben.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1