Breaking: Darvin Kidsy Arrested

MGNation92

6 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

Again, The wheels of justice turn awfully slow. I doubt his case comes to a resolution before spring ball begins in 2 1/2 months unless he puts in a guilty plea so Littrell may be forced to make a decision.

Regardless, his concerns shouldn't be with football but rather worrying about the rest of his life and how this will stay with him and never go away

2 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

The article states that Kidsy was the one driving.

You can always hope that he is protecting someone

4 minutes ago, MeanMag said:

Denton PD Twitter states accident involving death. How terrible.

Whoa.  Big difference between hitting someone and putting them in the hospital VS hitting someone and putting them in a grave.

Adios Kidsey.   We don't know the facts, but it really does not look good for him.   Willingly turned himself in, so maybe he has an alibi.

I don't think I would go as far as calling Kidsy a cancer.  As far as we know, he has never been in trouble and has been a good teammate.  Hit and run is not good and I would never condone it, but the situation could have caused him to panic.  Football is the least of his worries at this time. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Confusing.

Per Vito's entry:  "Denton police spokesman Ryan Grelle confirmed to the Denton Record-Chronicle on Friday morning the circumstances surrounding Kidsy’s arrest.
Grelle said that Kidsy was the driver in the accident that involved serious, but non life-threatening injuries.
"

However, per DentonPD's Twitter:

So which is it?   
"serious, but non life-threatening injuries"?
OR
"accident involving death"?

1 hour ago, Green P1 said:

Somebody got wasted and wasn't smart enough to call an Uber... and two lives were ruined. 

If I were a bettin' man, I'd say probably so. If that's the case and he panicked and ran to avoid being arrested, that's a shame. That's a fine, probation, and an arrest record but it's not years in prison. I haven't seen anyone say that the victim died except that BS twitter account, so I hope there was not a death.

EDIT:  For the record at the moment - the Denton PD website lists it as an accident involving personal injury OR death. That stupid unaffiliated "Arrests by Denton PD" Twitter account probably chose "death" to inflate the situation for their agenda.

KIDSY, DARVIN 03/19/1995 01/15/2016 09:03:21    

DENTON PD WARRANT / ACCIDENT INVOLVING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH To Be Determined  
Edited by Tyler Maryak
Edited to clarify which Twitter account the comment was referencing.
  • Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Confusing.

Per Vito's entry:  "Denton police spokesman Ryan Grelle confirmed to the Denton Record-Chronicle on Friday morning the circumstances surrounding Kidsy’s arrest.
Grelle said that Kidsy was the driver in the accident that involved serious, but non life-threatening injuries.
"

However, per DentonPD's Twitter:

So which is it?   
"serious, but non life-threatening injuries"?
OR
"accident involving death"?

The Twitter account you linked to isn't associated with the Denton Police Department.  Rather, it is some guy who has a vendetta against them because mug shots are temporarily uploaded to the Denton PD website and he wants to change that policy. Somehow, he thinks that permanently putting the mugshots on Twitter and inflating the situation by highlighting the "death" part of "serious personal injury or death" will achieve his ends.

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, Tyler Maryak said:

If I were a bettin' man, I'd say probably so. If that's the case and he panicked and ran to avoid being arrested, that's a shame. That's a fine, probation, and an arrest record but it's not years in prison. I haven't seen anyone say that the victim died except that BS twitter account, so I hope there was not a death.

EDIT:  For the record at the moment - the Denton PD website lists it as an accident involving personal injury OR death. That Twitter account probably chose "death" to inflate the situation for their agenda.

KIDSY, DARVIN 03/19/1995 01/15/2016 09:03:21    

DENTON PD WARRANT / ACCIDENT INVOLVING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH To Be Determined  

Enlighten me on what the PD's "Agenda" is?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Withers940 said:

Enlighten me on what the PD's "Agenda" is?

Goodness gracious...I'm referring to the Twitter account "Arrests by Denton PD."  THEIR agenda is to change the Denton PD's policy of posting photos of arrests on their website. For some reason, this guy thinks that by posting the mugshots PERMANENTLY on Twitter, he will influence the Denton PD into changing their policy.

I apologize for assuming that people were aware of this little pseudo-showdown between the Denton PD and the guy who runs that Twitter account which is commonly inaccurately attributed to the Denton PD.

Edited by Tyler Maryak
  • Upvote 5