Breaking: Darvin Kidsy Arrested

MGNation92

Scott Sidway | Sports Editor

@ScottyWK

CYxY8qAWMAAojth.jpg-large

Mugshot of Kidsy from Denton DP

North Texas football player Darvin Kidsy was arrested Friday morning for an accident involving personal injury, according to Denton police. He turned himself in this morning after a warrant was issued earlier this month.

Denton police were searching for a suspect in a hit-and-run that occurred in early December 2015 that left one person in critical condition and another with non-life-threatening injuries.  Denton police spokesman  Ryan Grelle confirmed Kidsy was the driver, and they are waiting on a second suspect to be arrested.

“We’re still looking at one other person. That’s one of the reasons why we’re holding off on the affidavit,” Grelle said. “Because there’s someone else that has not been picked up yet.”

Grelle said Kidsy’s affidavit will not be released until the second suspect has been arrested. He also said there is no date or time scheduled for a hearing yet, but that it would happen “more than likely sometime today.”

Kidsy played in 11 of the Mean Green’s games in 2015 as a junior, catching 17 passes for 240 yards and two touchdowns. He also averaged 21.5 yards on six kick returns and four yards on eight punt returns.

North Texas Daily will continue to update this story as it develops.

View the full article

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, cdizzle86 said:

Yea I'm not sure Littrell is going have to do much disciplining. This is much more than stealing meat from Walmart. I'm assuming he will do some time.

Agreed, but the justice system can tend to take a long time. We're all innocent until proven guilty but this doesn't look good. Littrell will have to come out and make a statement as to a suspension or dismissal from the team. Spring ball is only 2 1/2 months away.

• Upvote 1

I wouldnt worry too much about what Littrell is going to do. Kidsy's going to jail unless he turns out not to be the one driving which I really hope turns out to be the case for his sakes ....See below for the penalty in Texas for Hit and Run

Leaving the scene of an accident involving death or serious injury is a third-degree felony, punishable by 2 to 10 years in a state prison. If the injury is not serious, it is a felony punishable by up to one year in a county jail or up to five years in a state prison and/or a fine of up to $5,000.

He's Done

1 minute ago, Withers940 said:

I wouldnt worry too much about what Littrell is going to do. Kidsy's going to jail unless he turns out not to be the one driving which I really hope turns out to be the case for his sakes ....See below for the penalty in Texas for Hit and Run

Leaving the scene of an accident involving death or serious injury is a third-degree felony, punishable by 2 to 10 years in a state prison. If the injury is not serious, it is a felony punishable by up to one year in a county jail or up to five years in a state prison and/or a fine of up to $5,000.

He's Done

Again, The wheels of justice turn awfully slow. I doubt his case comes to a resolution before spring ball begins in 2 1/2 months unless he puts in a guilty plea so Littrell may be forced to make a decision.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

He's Done

The article states that Kidsy was the one driving.

14 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

He's Done

Arrests by Denton an unofficial Denton PD Twitter states accident involving death. How terrible.

Edited by MeanMag

1 minute ago, MeanMag said:

Denton PD Twitter states accident involving death. How terrible.

This is no longer a test of Littrell or a chance to replace a player. It's just a terrible situation with a clear cut action.

• Upvote 5