Allen freshman transfers to Florida's IMG Academy; is this a sign of things to come in Texas high school football?

gangrene

He's not  alone.  San Antonio Reagan quarterback and Baylor commit is doing the same thing for his senior season.  And I agree, I don't like the looks of this trend.  

http://www.expressnews.com/sports/high_school/high_school_football/article/Reagan-quarterback-Mond-headed-to-Florida-prep-6724926.php

Edited by StealthEagle84

Why do we care? So kids move to a junior college before going to college. Nothing  is a guarantee...we don't get cash based upon the number of kids from texas that play college ball...if his family thinks this is the best route for him, let them do it...not one of us would say no to our kid that had an opportunity it like this?

DO I like it? No...Like I said, junior college stuff...but if it helps the kid, why not???

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

so do they pay to go there?

No, IMG scholarships the good ones 

11 minutes ago, THOR said:

Why do we care? So kids move to a junior college before going to college. Nothing  is a guarantee...we don't get cash based upon the number of kids from texas that play college ball...if his family thinks this is the best route for him, let them do it...not one of us would say no to our kid that had an opportunity it like this?

DO I like it? No...Like I said, junior college stuff...but if it helps the kid, why not???

I would certainly say no if it was my kid. That place is as crooked as it gets. If they're that good, schools already know about them, or will know soon. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, THOR said:

So they are crooked...proof?

I want the best for my kids...if this school gives them that opportunity,  why wouldn't isend them there?

What "school" charges between 50-65k for 1 year and brings in d1 after d1 to fill out roster? Come on man, just call it what it is. They have people who shell out thousands and thousands of dollars to "support" the school while they bring in D1 athletes oops I meant recruit, then win with them. They get these D1 athletes scholarships they would already get and keep the cycle rolling. Yes I would call that crooked. Just me though. 

here is there Hoops Cost https://www.imgacademy.com/sites/default/files/boysbasketballratecard2016.pdf ridiculous 

2 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

was this like the prime academy

Prime prep? Similar, yet very different. They get funded by vastly over charging kids who think they're d1 athletes so they can recruit d1 athletes. Prime prep funded al by Deion 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1