A Little Hindsight (Littrell vs. Lincoln)

cdizzle86

14 minutes ago, cdizzle86 said:

After watching the OU game tonight, I'm glad we decided to hire Littrell. I'm no longer convinced Lincoln is the "genius" everybody (media) has made him out to be. 

OU is loaded with talent but if it wasn't for Mayfield, OU wouldn't have had as good of a season as they did. 

Trust me this guy is good. I went to school with him. He turned UNT down because he is waiting for a job he can't turn down. All of Stoops coordinators land good jobs eventually and that's his plan. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

28 minutes ago, cdizzle86 said:

After watching the OU game tonight, I'm glad we decided to hire Littrell. I'm no longer convinced Lincoln is the "genius" everybody (media) has made him out to be. 

OU is loaded with talent but if it wasn't for Mayfield, OU wouldn't have had as good of a season as they did. 

Mayfield is probably the most overrated college quarterback since Matt Leinart. I guess having two NFL running backs lining up behind you will do that to you.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, cdizzle86 said:

Best coaching job during this Bowl Season is Briles! Coach what you got!!!

• Upvote 5

42 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

They played the #1 undefeated team and #1 seed in the playoff.

Could it be they just ran up against a better team?

Bringing Littrell anywhere near this subject is silly.

Oklahoma is also the #4 rated team. They shouldn't have gotten stuffed like they did. Period. 

24 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Mayfield is probably the most overrated college quarterback since Matt Leinart. I guess having two NFL running backs lining up behind you will do that to you.

I actually disagree. He's had success with Tech and with OU. And 2 NFL rbs? Other than Perine I'm not sure who you are talking about. Even Perine had a lackluster year relative to his performance last year. 

Edited by cdizzle86
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, cdizzle86 said:

I actually disagree. He's had success with Tech and with OU. And 2 NFL rbs? Other than Perine I'm not sure who you are talking about. Even Perine had a lackluster year relative to his performance last year. 

Mayfield only had success against scrub teams while at Tech. It was embarrassing watching him run around like a clown against Texas that year. He'd be 2nd or 3rd string if he were still there. Mahomes is much better than Mayfield ever was. Perine and Mixon will both be playing on Sundays, without a doubt.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Mayfield only had success against scrub teams while at Tech. It was embarrassing watching him run around like a clown against Texas that year. He'd be 2nd or 3rd string if he were still there. Mahomes is much better than Mayfield ever was. Perine and Mixon will both be playing on Sundays, without a doubt.

Agree to disagree on this. Perine was not the Perine of last year. He and Mixon may play on Sunday's but their showing this year is not why they are ranked #4. If Knight were playing this team would probably not be in the top 25.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I believe Littrell was the better hire because of what 90 mercilessly preaches.  He does a lot with the talent he has and does not work with the riches of a power program like oh u.  

Emmit,classic.  

GMG

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, UNT90 said:

They played the #1 undefeated team and #1 seed in the playoff.

Could it be they just ran up against a better team?

Bringing Littrell anywhere near this subject is silly.

Littrell's offense seemed to have a much easier time competing vs the same defense, who wasn't missing their best DL the whole game.  Just saying. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Mayfield is indeed overrated. He's a poor man's Manziel. 

Any OU player and "Poor Man" just doesn't sound right. 

Now, if Mayfield had been playing for us.........

12 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Littrell: "Hi, I'm Seth Littrell"

90: "I'm sure you're highly over-rated.  Or, if you're not, I'm sure the competition was weak this year.  Or, if it wasn't, we could have won by more.  Did I mention I paid a lot for club seats?"  

Ok, that's funny.

• Upvote 4