Ricky V

Ben Gooding

I stumbled across an article from USA Today about Littrelll and our horrid attendance. Our 13,631 average attendance for the year was the lowest average we have had since 1998. I have to give it to RV, that man must be one smooth talker to hang around here for so long with so, just so terribly bad results. I better keep my wife away. 

Vision, though. Right, Fly? 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2015/12/05/ap-source-north-texas-picks-uncs-littrell-as-head-coach/76832904/

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

His performance, or lack thereof, is ridiculous.  He should have been fired years ago but the mentality of the UNT Athletics is "maybe next time", "maybe next year", "what if we beat portland state", "what if the new coach wins".  While I may be the "most interesting man in the world", RV is certainly the luckiest. 

• Upvote 4

His performance, or lack thereof, is ridiculous.  He should have been fired years ago but the mentality of the UNT Athletics is "maybe next time", "maybe next year", "what if we beat portland state", "what if the new coach wins".  While I may be the "most interesting man in the world", RV is certainly the luckiest. 

Stay thirsty for victory, my friend.

• Upvote 5

I stumbled across an article from USA Today about Littrelll and our horrid attendance. Our 13,631 average attendance for the year was the lowest average we have had since 1998. I have to give it to RV, that man must be one smooth talker to hang around here for so long with so, just so terribly bad results. I better keep my wife away. 

Vision, though. Right, Fly? 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2015/12/05/ap-source-north-texas-picks-uncs-littrell-as-head-coach/76832904/

I hate making excuses but I'd say this season's attendance was an outlier more than it was a trend. The PSU game destroyed attendance for the season. You compound that with a Saturday Halloween evening game and a Thanksgiving weekend game and you're screwed attendance wise. Although, all 3 of those issues could be attributed to RV. Anyway, next season's attendance will be markedly better. After our home wins over SMU and BC, we could start seeing some votes in the AP poll. Oh you thought I meant Boston College, no, that's Bethune Cookman, maybe we won't be seeing any votes in the AP after all.

• Upvote 3

Yes, it kind of hard to get really excited about the new head coach when you have provide website feedback to the Meangreen.com staff like this.

Staff

This morning I was looking for a recording of Coach Littrell's first radio interview as the new head coach of North Texas.  I found this

http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/120110aaa.html

You might want to take this page down.

Just sent this 10 minutes ago.  SMH

If they actually get the head out of... well you know  and take the page down before you click on the link.  It was Coach Mac's first interview as North Texas head coach.  First part fo a 2 part series.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 2

Yes, it kind of hard to get really excited about the new head coach when you have provide website feedback to the Meangreen.com staff like this.

Staff

This morning I was looking for a recording of Coach Littrell's first radio interview as the new head coach of North Texas.  I found this

http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/120110aaa.html

You might want to take this page down.

Just sent this 10 minutes ago.  SMH

If they actually get the head out of... well you know  and take the page down before you click on the link.  It was Coach Mac's first interview as North Texas head coach.  First part fo a 2 part series.

How did you find this page, Google? The dates don't match up with this year so it can't be a mistake by anyone regarding the Littrell hire.  I suspect it is from 2010.

I just don't know about this thread. Ricky V. Pfft. Everybody knows Ricky III was the best in the franchise. Mr. T was outstanding in that one!

I've heard some pretty good things about the new one...I think Ricky trains the kid from the Mean Joe coke commercial to be the new AD, or something. 

• Upvote 2