Navy vs Houston

GMG24

I (kind of) feel bad for Houston loosing their QB taking a bad loss to UCONN and out of top 25.  

BTW you know how big Houston's QB is?

5'11" maybe 185 lbs (that is his listed weight) 

HOUSTON is playing on ABC vs Navy.  You know why because when you WIN people pay attention.  Man thanks for nothing RV.  You continue to ruin the greatest game and game day experience there is.  College football is suppose to be fun, you make it miserable.  

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Watched the opening scoring drives for both teams. Good God, we could have easily run the triple option this year.

D. Smith at QB, J. Lynn at FB, and both Wilson and Ivery at RB. The backfield could rotate Jimmerson and Tucker in there on a regular basis. We would have been VERY hard to stop. 

We could have, but the triple option is NOT something you just start doing or coaching.  There are a ton of intricacies to it.  Navy makes it look simple because they have been doing it for a LONG time.  It also takes very specific recruits to run that and be success.  I do think this years team was the most set up for that offense though.  Several good backs, D. Smith a good runner, however I am not certain he could make the appropriate decisions (reads) to run it successfully.  See his multiple goal line, first down leaps where the ball goes flying upon contact.   

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Fun story about Demarcus Ayers of Houston...

In 2012, he came to the North Texas vs Arkansas State game. Unfortunately, Coach Mac and his staff forgot to add Demarcus to the recruit list and the folks running the table wouldn't let him into the game due to his name not being on the list and other related NCAA related rules. He had on his Lancaster letter jacket and had his girlfriend and her little brother in tow with him. I'm a nosy person so I stood there and witnessed the entire conversation as North Texas personnel turned away a three-star athlete who had multiple P5 offers because our coaching staff or ticket office had dropped the ball

great....

In 2012, he came to the North Texas vs Arkansas State game. Unfortunately, Coach Mac and his staff forgot to add Demarcus to the recruit list and the folks running the table wouldn't let him into the game due to his name not being on the list and other related NCAA related rules. He had on his Lancaster letter jacket and had his girlfriend and her little brother in tow with him. I'm a nosy person so I stood there and witnessed the entire conversation as North Texas personnel turned away a three-star athlete who had multiple P5 offers because our coaching staff or ticket office had dropped the ball

unbelievable we had a chance to get this guy and failed. Coach Mac sure shit the bed a lot when it came to recruits.

• Upvote 1

wonder if they ever got in?

they did. I watched him walk over to the windows and buy three tickets. I saw him sitting in the wing in the 2nd quarter and went over and introduced myself and told him that I'd love to see him down their on the field the next year. The girlfriend snorted in derision, but he graciously replied that he liked our stadium and the proximity to his hometown. He chatted about the Lancaster Tigers and basketball for about 2 minutes and then I left. He definitely seemed like a class act

• Upvote 3

they did. I watched him walk over to the windows and buy three tickets. I saw him sitting in the wing in the 2nd quarter and went over and introduced myself and told him that I'd love to see him down their on the field the next year. The girlfriend snorted in derision, but he graciously replied that he liked our stadium and the proximity to his hometown. He chatted about the Lancaster Tigers and basketball for about 2 minutes and then I left. He definitely seemed like a class act

it would have been nice to have gotten him to come to UNT. Just saw him make a great catch and run on Navy for a touchdown. Awesome play!

Guys this is why we CANNOT go with a triple option attack.  Once you get behind you are done, and it requires a VERY good QB.  Navy's QB is a once in a decade type of player for them and they still can't hang with Houston.  I am a no vote on triple option or any coach that will run it.  It is a give up and we have too many good spread QB's and athletes here in DFW to be forced to run something like this.

Edited by Harry

that's a helluva program our AD is in charge of. 

From top to bottom.....what a well oiled machine. 

• Upvote 5

I had no idea this happened. Wow.

that's a helluva program our AD is in charge of. 

From top to bottom.....what a well oiled machine. 

I love getting tickets, day before a game. Or seeing fans who paid for seat backs not get them until week.... Oh wait some are still waiting. Until RV is gone it's all a joke.

• Upvote 1

Great game. Even though it was an 11 am kickoff, people didn't make excuses and showed up. Official attendance was 40,800, I'm really happy with the way the season is going but our work isn't done yet. This will be 2011 all over again if we don't win the AAC Championship game next week. Though unlike 4 years ago, this is a complete team with a head coach that isn't openly trying to run out the door. 

20151127 134121 HDR[1]

20151127 134116 HDR[1]

IMG_0427-X3.jpg

Yeah....I'd hate to see us getting behind twice in eleven games and rolling into December at 9-2.

Rick

we would be 0-11 in December.  For at least two years. That's not a way to win recruits in a day and age when kids are in the here and now. I'm sorry I like the triple option, but I like watching it with other teams. Not NT. the service academy can offer a pretty sweet deal also, hey come get your degree, paid for, AND graduate a ranked officer making some good money when you're done if you so chose. 

• Upvote 1

Right...despite having zero idea what our record would be...I guess we could end up really hurting our recruiting efforts rolling into December at 1-11....

Rick

You can think what you want. I'm in the ground floor. Hell even my MIDDLE SCHOOL kids say they wouldn't go to UNT because of the offense.  You keep living in that thought process. If you want to see real change, get someone in here who understands the game such as Littrell, or Meacham.  Even if they hire an OC, I would maintain control of offense for several years to make sure it was run the right way. See what happens.  I GUARANTEE the "recruiting" success you would have for triple option, vs the power pistol, spread type offense would be MONUMENTAL.  I am just telling you how kids feel. But hell, what do I know? 

Edited by GMG24

Yeah....I'd hate to see us getting behind twice in eleven games and rolling into December at 9-2.

Rick

Yeah, I would love to see the comments you would throw out when we are running an antiquated offense that nobody, outside of three or four schools, runs anymore and our difficulty in finding kids to run that system since barely any high schools even run it anymore.