BANNER

Meangreenfilmguy

Does anyone know exactly what time the banner will be flown? 

It is my understanding that the banner is scheduled to fly from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., provided that the ceiling is more than 2,000 feet. This per posts by UNT90.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

So its not going to fly during halftime? Man, that would of been pretty awesome also, that way more of the fans would be able to see it.

After 9/11, stadiums that seat over 30k were designated no fly zones within a 3 mile radius of the stadium. That no fly zone starts one hour before game time and last until an hour after the game is over. 

4-5PM is the closest to game time allowable by law. 

Hopefully it doesn't. It's extremely tacky and not how you should act when wanting a coach to sign on. We should be supporting Rick as well as the team. 

I appreciate your opinion. Just realize that there is an opposite opinion that consists of the majority of the active members of this website, many of whom are season ticket holders and donors to the MGC. 

And the banner wasn't even a consideration until RV talked about what a great job he has done in a Vito Interview. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

We should be supporting Rick as well as the team. 

Rick Villarreal doesn't deserve our support. He fired Dan McCarney for a failure to produce on the field. He fired Todd Dodge for the same thing. Why should Villarreal be retained when he's failed to produce wins? 

Here's the win-loss record of all FBS schools from 2004-14:

http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/records/calc-wp.pl?start=2004&end=2014&rpct=30&min=5&ss=on&se=on&by=Wins

UNT is tenth from last at .318 (42-90), and that's before this season is factored in.

He needs to be fired if UNT is ever going to stop being a factory of failure in the big sports. He had 14 years to turn things around, but all he's producing now are excuses.

Edited by rcade
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

I was against it until RV and the president continued the narrative that things are great and a select meaningless few are the ones upset. Screw em. 

RV has done zero to make me feel that this is too harsh or unjust. Read what he actually says and any UNT fan who cares should honestly consider it personal. Because what he has been saying for a while has been nothing but disrespectful to people who have significant time, effort, and money invested to this.

• Upvote 2

I've never seen Neil or Rick show up at the Alumni Pavillion. They may have been there but I can't recall seeing them. Bet I don't see them today either. 

They both have other duties on game days.  But, both have, in fact, visited the Alumni Pavilion.  In fact, Dr. Smatresk has stated on more than one occasion that he would like to see it used more often and that he would love to attend more activities at the Alumni Pavilion.  He sees it as a big asset to the University and its alumni.

And, I believe it is "Neal" not "Neil".

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I was against it until RV and the president continued the narrative that things are great and a select meaningless few are the ones upset. Screw em. 

Neither of them are going to say anything publicly in an interview. That would be foolish and an admission that they have failed. To expect anything differently is foolish as well. No one should air their dirty laundry in public and the fact that Dr. S did not give Rick a vote of confidence should speak volumes. We have all voiced our opinions by letters, emails and phone calls. They get it.  Banners, booing and other public protests are boorish and reflect poorly on ourselves and the university. Haven't we had enough bad pub already?  If you don't like the product, stop buying it. Attendance from here on out will make a louder statement than any banner that few will see. There are talks going on behind the scenes, and I assure you and the next coaching hire will make a statement one way or another.

GO MEAN GREEN!

Edited by Hunter Green
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

After 9/11, stadiums that seat over 30k were designated no fly zones within a 3 mile radius of the stadium. That no fly zone starts one hour before game time and last until an hour after the game is over. 

4-5PM is the closest to game time allowable by law. 

I appreciate your opinion. Just realize that there is an opposite opinion that consists of the majority of the active members of this website, many of whom are season ticket holders and donors to the MGC. 

And the banner wasn't even a consideration until RV talked about what a great job he has done in a Vito Interview. 

oh I wasn't aware of that! Sorry. 

I'm just pumped to see this rivalry game. The banner is going to fly and our voices will be heard tremendously today. Let's see what will happen.

• Downvote 1

No one should air their dirty laundry in public ...

That attitude means accepting whatever the UNT leadership decides without any public attempt to influence the process.

Sentiment here is running 9-to-1 to fire RV and find a new AD. The school's president has ignored private messages calling for this, so we're taking it public.

What you want is for us to shut up and hope for the best. We tried that under RV since 2001. How's it working out for us?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I've never seen Neil or Rick show up at the Alumni Pavillion. They may have been there but I can't recall seeing them. Bet I don't see them today either. 

I passed Dr. Smatresk as I was leaving the pavilion and he was going in - somewhere just before 5pm, I think.