Message to Chico: Get young players on the field NOW!

UNT90

We are now 0-7 and officially eliminated from any shot at a bowl. Chico needs to get young players on the field to get the most experience possible for next year. Obviously not just any young players, but the ones who have shown they are the building blocks of the future.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

We are now 0-7 and officially eliminated from any shot at a bowl. Chico needs to get young players on the field to get the most experience possible for next year. Obviously not just any young players, but the ones who have shown they are the building blocks of the future.

I agree, but will he do it?  Will Chico do what's best for UNT or will Chico do what's best for Chico?  If this is his last hurrah at North Texas, what's going to look best on his resume?   Seems like he would do whatever it takes to get the best performance in the field now.  

• Upvote 1

If you play mostly younger players, you are not trying to win. We just fired a coach because of a feeling he would rather play a family friend rather than try to win. Canales is already playing a QB who is learning on the job because it's clear Smith isn't ready yet and can't make the decisions a D1 QB should be making at the line seconds before the ball is snapped. 

If Canales is coaching for his next job elsewhere, then he should try to win while mixing a few young players. If you want him to play all young players, then you must promise him a job next year since you are hurting his chances of finding work elsewhere. 

You've got two choices - which do you want?

• Upvote 7

There's a very real chance we lose every single game this year. Anyone recall the last time this happened? I personally think we lose all of them if we can't beat UTSA this week. 

And the arrogant AD still thinks he keeps his job because he says he has things left to do.  Any university who takes sports seriously would have fired his arrogant ass already. That interview last week still enrages me. He may only like a few fans and that's fines because the masses bailed on his disaster. 

Anyone, I digress, don't burn any redshirts. This season is already over.

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Red shirts are over-rated.  Get the best players/athletes on the field regardless of their status to win as many games as possible. You never know what the future holds. 

They are over-rated while playing on a good team. Play all of your cards when you are winning. When you have a good team take that and run with it and do whatever you can to maximize the season's success. Now on the other hand, if you have a bad team and you know you have some stud true freshmen...redshirt them. There is no need to waste a year of eligibility on an almost irreplaceable player when you could have him for another 4 years on potentially good teams. Just my 0.2.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Andre has FirefightnRick's chicken scratch handwriting on the name tag on the front of his helmet.."KRIMM".

Also....for that scene, they hooked a pneumatic piston and anchor to the sled to give it the impression of Andre really giving it a hard shove.  When Andre(Sinbad) hit the sled they fired the piston which yanked the hell out of the sled backwards.  When this happened...the body double for Robert Loggia wasn't fully prepared for the amount of force the piston applied to the sled and it caught him off balance and it caused him to bounce his forehead off the back of the sled which split his head open pretty good.  He was ok and walked away but it cut him pretty bad..  So to get the shot correct they reset everything and this time had a stunt men for Loggia stand in to get the shot and it worked perfectly.  I never understood why a stunt man wasn't used to begin with?

Anyhow..the name of the stunt man?...Curtis Norris...son of Chuck Norris.

Rick

• Upvote 1

I won't think you're serious until you fly it on a banner. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1