Stay Safe Out There

Cerebus

Yea rain! 

Fill them lakes back up!!!

The lakes are full, at least the ones that keep Dallas from flooding. Ray Roberts is .5 inches below cap. Lewisville .9 below cap. Grapevine .8 below. Fall rains are going to put a hurt on the Corps of Engineers. 

With all the flash flooding going on in North Texas, remember to stay out of moving water, even in your vehicle.   Texas leads the nation in flood deaths since 1965, and the vast majority of those happened in vehicles trying to cross water.  

Don't die, we need as many Mean Green fans as we can get.

I don't need no flooding.

For anyone that's interested, here are photos from the May floods we had in Denton County (mobile friendly).

Here's also a map that brings in USGS stream gauge data. Just tap/click on the dots.

The lakes are full, at least the ones that keep Dallas from flooding. Ray Roberts is .5 inches below cap. Lewisville .9 below cap. Grapevine .8 below. Fall rains are going to put a hurt on the Corps of Engineers. 

We're going to get a bunch of rain all at once but it will be nothing like an entire spring of rain where we ended up with trillions of gallons.  I think we might have had 10 days out of 60 where there wasn't any measured precipitation.

I selfishly want the Brazos River lakes back to full. 

PK (-3), Granbury (-2), and Whitney (-3) need that rain.

• Upvote 1

With all the flash flooding going on in North Texas, remember to stay out of moving water, even in your vehicle.   Texas leads the nation in flood deaths since 1965, and the vast majority of those happened in vehicles trying to cross water.  

Unless you support the flying of the banner. if you are one of those you should drown and then burn FOREVER!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Don't tell me how to live!

I once had a rental car in Houston during a flash flood and was going back to the airport to return the car.  Hit about 18 inches of moving water.  That's when I learned that Fords float.  Since I came out unscathed, I rate 10/10.  Would Ford the river again.

But were you texting and eating a sandwich while driving with your knees?

If not, you're an amateur. 

Yay! Finally a post about how we're winning at something!   Sigh...