It's Happened Again...a Violation Of Your Privacy

FirefightnRick

Its happened again....as it happened to me....as I warned you all would happen to you.  Adrien Nettles(most likely suspect) of the URCM department has forwarded some of your private emails to President Smatresk concerning RV and his department......to RV himself.

This is a direct violation of your trust and privacy by this university.  Just curious,....if this is or is not grounds for a lawsuit if someone or the group  affected by it wanted to pursue it in order to demand a change to get it corrected?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 9

I think you have to be able to claim there were damages of some sort to sue someone. I dont think forwarding the emails alone justifies damages. Im not a lawyer - but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express like 2 months ago. Now if you were somehow discriminated against based on those emails - I think you would then have a case.

Edited by Paulie Walnuts
  • Upvote 5

All I can say is if the president needs e-mail from anyone to make the necessary move to remove an administrator who is not perform then I have bigger fears about the state of the university way beyond athletics.  I look at RV failure as on par as getting a barely passable rating for sac accreditation for one of their academic programs.  This is an absolute joke.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I received a 1187 word email from RV on Friday after sending an email to the President and his cabinet. 

Was he playing the victim? Or just defending his incompetence? Or both? 

Do you know who forwarded the email to RV?

Was he playing the victim? Or just defending his incompetence? Or both? 

Do you know who forwarded the email to RV?

I do not how he received he the email. 

He mostly defended himself. 

I know other people have received emails from him in the past. So I'm not some major player. Did he really need to defend himself vs little ole me and our blog though? He could've spent time elsewhere. 

• Upvote 7

I do not how he received he the email. 

He mostly defended himself. 

I know other people have received emails from him in the past. So I'm not some major player. Did he really need to defend himself vs little ole me and our blog though? He could've spent time elsewhere. 

Well said.  No division 1 athletic program needs an AD so paranoid that he is responding to bloggers.  As an AD you should be doing your job well enough that you have too many bloggers (passionate fans of the program) to respond to.  Because when your program has always sucked for the most part very few people care.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 4

Gettysburg address. Personally I've visited Gettysburg multiple times, the museums and battlefield. They are worth the trip. 

Follow up question... It's about 150 words shorter than the Declaration of Independence. 

Did your email from Rick by any chance mention a redress of grievances, or potentially breaking away to start his own university? 

Its happened again....as it happened to me....as I warned you all would happen to you.  Adrien Nettles(most likely suspect) of the URCM department has forwarded some of your private emails to President Smatresk concerning RV and his department......to RV himself.

This is a direct violation of your trust and privacy by this university.  Just curious,....if this is or is not grounds for a lawsuit if someone or the group  affected by it wanted to pursue it in order to demand a change to get it corrected?

Rick

Dumb question...  Did you ask that the e-mails not be forwarded?  If not, I don't see how you expect "privacy" and for it not to be forwarded.  I know if my boss got an e-mail saying I was doing a poor job, he would forward it to me and discuss it with me.

OTOH if you asked for it not to be forwarded, that's pretty lousy.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1