Portland St

H-towngreen

We will lose by 2 scores.

Great scheduling plan, RV. I hope it finally gets you fired.

Better hustle down to the bar with the 17 tonight and con them some more with stories about how nothing is ever your fault while everything is your responsibility. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Portland St only lost by 2 to a North Dakota.

We will be underdogs in this game. I would say 3 pts.

Haven't seen the stats yet. PS was up 17 - 16 into the 4th qtr and got beat by a field goal. ND is a good team, 4 - 1. PS now 3 - 1. They were ranked 16th and will be pissed and looking for redemption.

We will lose by 2 scores.

Great scheduling plan, RV. I hope it finally gets you fired.

Better hustle down to the bar with the 17 tonight and con them some more with stories about how nothing is ever your fault while everything is your responsibility. 

He should have been gone with Dodge, but now it is silly, Please Please Fire RV.

I never root against the kids, but if a homecoming loss would guarantee the removal of RV as AD, I may be able to be convinced for a game.

But it won't, because 17 people are more loyal to an individual than they are to the athletic program they so graciously support.

RV isn't going anywhere...he has the 17 big money donors and the BOR on his side. For all we know, Smatresk likes him too. 

This is going to be a long 2+ years for the folks who stick around here...

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

I never root against the kids, but if a homecoming loss would guarantee the removal of RV as AD, I may be able to be convinced for a game.

But it won't, because 17 people are more loyal to an individual than they are to the athletic program they so graciously support.

how could someone stand here and look us all (the ppl calling for firings) and say that they support RV? Excuse me.. How in the Fu*k could someone support this?! UNT is literally the worst team in FBS college football right now. We might even get murdered to a no name FCS school at our homecoming game! I cannot fathom the fact that the bor and RV's pets are so brainwashed into accepting this. One winning season in almost 11 years is unacceptable for even a high school football program.

I haven't been this angry in awhile, and the pure ignorance by RV and his supporters are just throwing gas on the fire for me.

• Upvote 4

Just thought of this...

but if we are worried about Portland State, can you imagine the damage Tennessee is going to inflict on us?  

we are going to enter a new level of whoop ass that day... And no thanks to RV...

wky will beat us by more

• Upvote 1

Big Oregon/Texas howdy to y'all,

PSU alum (class of 2000) and fellow Texan (spent a lot of years in Texas courtesy of Uncle Sam before settling in Kerrville (near San Antone)).  I wish I could make it to the game and enjoy that legendary Texas hospitality, but right now I'm currently living and working in China.  

First I want to invite you to visit our forum at http://www.bigskyfans.com/vikings/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=c13f77c334cd09ab297133aba7d286b9 We would enjoy meeting and talking with the fans of our opponents and share insights. Stop in and say howdy.

I also want to let you guys know that despite our current unexpected success, we aren't taking you guys lightly.  Based on our teams performance last year we were projected to be 1-3 (our only win against D-II Western Oregon) instead of 3-1 (with a totally inconceivable win against PAC-12 Washington State).  But even then, we lost a close

We feel your current pain.  Last year our team was in disarray. We went into games last year where we started out OK, built a good lead, then ended up playing not to lose and inevitably our defense would completely collapse and we ended losing by one or two scores.  

Their was mistrust amongst the coaching staff and players.  Many players wanted to either quit or leave.  It was so bad, that our interim AD fired head coach Nigel Burton and put in the current interim head coach Bruce Barnum.

Now that we have a new AD, we are looking to hire a new coach.  Coach Barnum knows that his position is not permanent, and this year is essentially his job interview, but Oregon has the "Art Rooney law" (we have to interview at least one minority applicant).  Anyway I read that once Barnum was named coach, every player from last year opted to stay, every person who signed a LOI honored their commitment, and there was even a player who initially left the program rejoined it. Evidently the players have responded well enough to Barnum's philosophy that they started calling his style "Barneyball."

Anyway, I'm sure our team is looking forward to heading down your way in the coming days, and may the best team win.  I'm hoping that team will be PSU, but whoever it is will rest assured, it was a hard fought and well deserved win.

• Upvote 7