Ranking the Vols' challenges in order of difficulty

Harry

Darnit don't those Vols reporters know that we actually beat them way back when???  No respect!

North Texas: The Mean Green lost eight games last season and could be worse this go-round. They should present the Vols with their best shutout opportunity.

read more;  http://www.knoxnews.com/govolsxtra/columnists/john-adams-ranking-the-vols-challenges-in-order-of-difficulty_90059074

They recruited exceptionally well this year, but few of those recruits will be on the field this season. Our new QB (what!!) is roughly from their neck of the woods, and a 2015 repeat of 1975 just sounds right to me from a numerical point of view. NT 31 UT 21. Take the money and run.

0_0 

Tennessee..........the SEC's most overrated team year after year

Probably the first time they've received positive reviews nationally since around 2008. But with the way Butch Jones has recruited it seems warranted.

They recruited exceptionally well this year, but few of those recruits will be on the field this season. Our new QB (what!!) is roughly from their neck of the woods, and a 2015 repeat of 1975 just sounds right to me from a numerical point of view. NT 31 UT 21. Take the money and run.

They had a top 5 class last year too. 

• Upvote 2

Probably the first time they've received positive reviews nationally since around 2008. But with the way Butch Jones has recruited it seems warranted.

They had a top 5 class last year too. 

They were getting mad preseason hype going into the 2012 season. GameDay was in Knoxville for their conference opener vs Florida. The fans I spoke to while tailgating (the ones not screaming obscene gestures at me of course) thought Derek Dooley was finally righting the ship and cleaning up Kiffens mess. 

They were getting mad preseason hype going into the 2012 season. GameDay was in Knoxville for their conference opener vs Florida. The fans I spoke to while tailgating (the ones not screaming obscene gestures at me of course) thought Derek Dooley was finally righting the ship and cleaning up Kiffens mess. 

Tennessee fans have had a rough go of it -- and have only themselves to blame. But I think the program has made the right hire, this time around. The recruiting should pay off this season. Doesn't hurt that they're in the East... 

They weren't getting much preseason hype that year, but they did start getting some hype once they won their first two games, including at the Georgia Dome against NC State. But Florida ruined that excitement and exposed how poorly Dooley had recruited.

• Upvote 1

They weren't getting much preseason hype that year, but they did start getting some hype once they won their first two games, including at the Georgia Dome against NC State. But Florida ruined that excitement and exposed how poorly Dooley had recruited.

And it was a beautiful day to be a Gator.

Edited by Army of Dad