Open workout tomorrow AM

GMG24

After watching the workout live or the tapes of it......anyone think the players feel this is a "throw away" season like UNT90 does?  

your AD made this a throw away season by putting these guys in unwinnable situations.

Stop trying to change the narrative.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Nope...and hey, maybe he can head to TCU for their Sept. 12th home opener against that football powerhouse Stephen F. Austin.  And I am still waiting for him to tell the players.  The players, coaches and staffers do not believe this is a throw away season as indicated by that workout if nothing else.  No athlete, coach or staffer ever gives up before a season even starts and good ones (we won't mention what SMU did last season as a program) never do even when the season goes badly.  Only the so-called fans at UNT would label a season a "throw away" season even before the pads come on in the summer.

You can be UNT90's apologist if you wish...you can stand by your man or be the Hillary to Bill in his "depends on the definition of what "is" is thing if you wish...but he said it and he owns it.  

No one in that Athletic Department from the top to the bottom believes this is a throw away season...only some "cough cough" fans who see everything at UNT through their dark and dreary half-empty glasses of swill.

The Mean Green "throw away" season is anything but that as witnessed by how hard those players are working to meet the challenge.  Me, I am plenty proud to be a member of the Mean Green Nation when I see stuff like this going on.  Anyone wishing to characterize it as a "throw away" probably does not need a personal apologist speaking for them.  The "everything is bad at UNT all the time" folks rarely need unsolicited support.  Their minds are made up....it's all bad all the time.  Easy.

YOUR AD made it a throw away season when his lazy approach to scheduling and fund raising led to no bye week, 2 money games, and a stretch of 3 straight road games at the most critic time in the season.

He put the athletes you SAY you care so much about in an unwinnable position. It's about the AD and what he has done, so stop trying to shift the narrative to protect a friend. 

OK...thanks Lt. My "get-along-gang of like minded individuals" are never hard to spot because we are there supporting the Mean Green and not just mouthing off.  That same group supports this program with their time, talent and treasure.  So, sure, I am plenty good with those folks.  None of us would ever consider that anyone was "throwing away" this season.  You are fee to be there with your group as well....you won't be hard to spot either.

All 12 of you will have a wonderful time during this 3-9 season...

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

YOUR AD made it a throw away season when his lazy approach to scheduling and fund raising led to no bye week, 2 money games, and a stretch of 3 straight road games at the most critic time in the season.

He put the athletes you SAY you care so much about in an unwinnable position. It's about the AD and what he has done, so stop trying to shift the narrative to protect a friend. 

All 12 of you will have a wonderful time during this 3-9 season...

However many are there...we will have a great time supporting OUR Mean Green...win...lose...or draw.  Sad to see so-called UNT fans wishing for small crowds and "throwing away" seasons before they even start just so they can say "I told you so" and be heroes to a bunch of haters. With "friends" like that UNT sure doesn't need any enemies.  But, guess what....those players the FANS actually do care about with their donations, season ticket purchases and their presence at games will play hard and play to win in spite of those who feel the need to run the program down, withhold financial support and/or attend attend games.  So be it 12 or be it 25,000, those there will be there supporting the Mean Green.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I truly believe the two of you should morph into a super booster, and together y'all could make one hell of a booster. 90 holding people's feet to the fire (as they should) and Mark being the positive optimistic one. I know RV has done some ridiculously amazing things facility wise, etc, but man, I have a hard time with the schedule also. I would feel better if someone came out and said we screwed up, here's how, and how we will fix it. Mark, I don't think you can disagree 5 home games 1 being FCS is acceptable at this point in Apogees life. 90, I don't think you can truly say this is a throw away season, while its gunna be tough as hell, these kids (young/grown ass men) will be fighting like dogs to prove they belong. That, I will personally guarantee after watching this workout series. These guys really do care about each other, Hell Mini was CHEERING for his competition Mr. smith to keep dominating his workout. 

• Upvote 2

I am with GMG24... I wish they (RV) would step out in those uncharted waters of admitting their mistake, devise a plan to fix it and present it publicly. And that goes for MGC membership, scheduling, lack of performance, etc. 

I don't understand how RV can just hide in the shadows and never publicly speak when there is obvious fan displeasure. Come on out from under that rock like a man and talk facts and plans. 0 speculation, 0 intentions. Facts and real plans.  It's not that difficult. 

I am with GMG24... I wish they (RV) would step out in those uncharted waters of admitting their mistake, devise a plan to fix it and present it publicly. And that goes for MGC membership, scheduling, lack of performance, etc. 

I don't understand how RV can just hide in the shadows and never publicly speak when there is obvious fan displeasure. Come on out from under that rock like a man and talk facts and plans. 0 speculation, 0 intentions. Facts and real plans.  It's not that difficult. 

problem is you can't trust a word he says at this point. Better home games at Apogee? Nope. Apogee a concert venue? Nope. Tulsa the cause of the scheduling disaster? Bald face, flat out lie to save face. 

Why do you want to here from someone when you can't trust a thing  they tell you? 

At least that's my thoughts on the matter (surprise, surprise). 

However many are there...we will have a great time supporting OUR Mean Green...win...lose...or draw.  Sad to see so-called UNT fans wishing for small crowds and "throwing away" seasons before they even start just so they can say "I told you so" and be heroes to a bunch of haters. With "friends" like that UNT sure doesn't need any enemies.  But, guess what....those players the FANS actually do care about with their donations, season ticket purchases and their presence at games will play hard and play to win in spite of those who feel the need to run the program down, withhold financial support and/or attend attend games.  So be it 12 or be it 25,000, those there will be there supporting the Mean Green.

right, because if it meant only 12 people showed up, but they all agreed with everything the AD did, at least publicly, you would be perfectly fine with that.

That thought process is One of the biggest problems facing UNT athletics. More interested in being a small club than a major college athletic program.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Damn !  You people are depressing the hell out of me and my family season ticket holders. UNT has a bunch of kids with grit , desire and an Irish mick head coach who loathes losing. If you want more kick , call or write directly to members of the Board of the UNT governing Board. That matters ! It does ! In the mean time, Coach Mac and these kick ass Mean Green fighters need better from us. Our family as season ticket holders are not on one fan  side or another, but we will  always be wearing green at UNT games at Apogee.  YOU ALL CAN GO TO HELL, AS FOR ME I'M GOING TO "NORTH"  TEXAS. (Davy "UNT" Crockett)

• Upvote 5