We made national news!

doesn't Ryan also hold a job working for the ticket office or some-such?

either way, I've twenty-bucks-american that says at least a handful of these protesters are both students AND members of this work-force of which you speak so indignantly.

so, how about you stop over-inflating your self-importance as a hard-working adult...especially given that a sizable chunk of your 19,158 posts must have come on company time, so A. your job clearly ain't anywhere near as important as you make it out to be, and B. it, or any other, isn't the least bit affected by these protests.

Yes but if he posted everything in Haiku or diverted all threads to silly d*ck jokes or movie references, then his postings would be golden.

• Upvote 1

Dude, I don't care. Personally, I think you're somewhat pathetic because if you graduated in 1990 then you're the same age as my parents and the fact that you're sitting on here arguing with a 23 year old in your early 40s says enough for my tastes.

"If I had a dollar for every time someone over 40 told me my generation sucks...

Then I could afford a house in the economy they ruined."

• Upvote 3

Yes but if he posted everything in Haiku or diverted all threads to silly d*ck jokes or movie references, then his postings would be golden.

what, dare I query

is not made better, or gold

with silly dick jokes

Edited by Censored by Laurie
  • Upvote 2

No doubt you aren't, student.

Adults in the workforce who graduated from UNT may have a far different opinion about a national news story showing their alma mater in a negative light.

#keepemdisconnected

Most "adults in the workplace" will see it for exactly what it is....college students being college students and will blow it off as just that. It is in no way embarrassing to any any "adult" with any inkling of understanding of what it is...unless, of course, one just looks for such "embarrassment" and buys into the possibility. It is not the first, nor will it be the last, university that makes the news because some students didn't like the choice of commencement speakers. Happens pretty much every year. No biggie...not in any way embarrassing to the university in question. Now, if students then make public spectacles and fools of themselves at the commence the address, well, that could be a tad embarrassing.....for the students in question that is.

• Upvote 4

Most "adults in the workplace" will see it for exactly what it is....college students being college students and will blow it off as just that. It is in no way embarrassing to any any "adult" with any inkling of understanding of what it is...unless, of course, one just looks for such "embarrassment" and buys into the possibility. It is not the first, nor will it be the last, university that makes the news because some students didn't like the choice of commencement speakers. Happens pretty much every year. No biggie...not in any way embarrassing to the university in question. Now, if students then make public spectacles and fools of themselves at the commence the address, well, that could be a tad embarrassing.....for the students in question that is.

On this particular point, we actually agree 100%.

• Upvote 1

Considering UNT is a heavily liberal university and used to be even more so, sure about that?

Because even the people who disagree with the petition may not take Fox seriously. I'd wager that most of our alumni didn't know this (Kelly) story even happened.

But, when you can't argue, fall back on your bullshit "I'm in the workplace/bootstrap" argument. It suits you, is hilarious, and oh so predictable. Newsflash, I've been in the workforce part time and full time for years. I'm finishing up a master's. Sure, I'm young and don't have your life experience, but the fact that you think every alumni shares your viewpoint is cute.

For someone so interested in representing our university well and wanting more student donors, you sure do do a good job belittling them. It's really shameful sometimes that I share a university with people like you. Kinda pushes me away. But you don't understand that, do you?

I mean, that's okay, I know you're a minority, most alumni are a lot more accepting and considerable, so it doesn't really have much affect on my feelings on the grand scale, but just saying.

What's so very amusing is that some people out there are lumping the entire university into being opposed to the Governor of the state speaking at commencement when in fact that is quite likely very, very far from the truth. I'm sure by now there are over 2,500 signatures on the petition. A petition, by the way, that anyone can sign. The people that oppose this are likely a very small population of the entire 35,000+ student body.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 2

What's so very amusing is that some people out there are lumping the entire university into being opposed to the Governor of the state speaking at commencement when in fact that is quite likely very, very far from the truth. I'm sure by now there are over 2,500 signatures on the petition. A petition, by the way, that anyone can sign. The people that oppose this are likely a very small population of the entire 35,000+ student body.

People that want to see the Governor is likely even less than the ones that don't.

I am certain the number that could give a F dwarfs both camps put together by a huge margin.

• Upvote 1

Yes, they should spend their valuable time reading the accurate and unbiased writings of CNN and MSNBC!

What makes these comments so funny is these are the same people who had no problem with NBC EDITING a 911 call to attempt to make someone look like a racist.

All talking points all the time.

Edited by UNT90

If this were UT, Tech or A&M, you would be right (of course this would most likely not happen at these universities).

But it's not. It's occurring at a school that is wrongly perceived as being a little liberal arts school. And it is furthering this stereotype.

I am glad the President has taken the position he has and not backed down to a stupid Internet petition. I hope he remains firm on this.

What makes these comments so funny is these are the same people who had no problem with NBC EDITING a 911 call to attempt to make someone look like a racist.

All talking points all the time.

Dead on here.

What the justice department got wrong in the Ferguson report is that this is an attack on the lower middle class and poor, not just on black people.

As a matter of fact, your regular city cops (aside from those assigned to the traffic unit) would rather do anything else besides writing traffic tickets without purpose. Sadly, and even though there is a state law against quotas, pressure is put on these cops to "show activity," meaning write tickets, or else risk a bad performance review. And it most certainly isn't limited to small municipalities.

The raping of the less privileged in this matter is pretty dispicable.

You can just type "please talk about Ferguson with me" in one thread or start a new one and save everyone a lot of time. Probably not as good for the ol' post count, but then think of the arguments you can have in one place while continuing to just repeat everything you already said.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You can just type "please talk about Ferguson with me" in one thread or start a new one and save everyone a lot of time. Probably not as good for the ol' post count, but then think of the arguments you can have in one place while continuing to just repeat everything you already said.

I wasn't the one bitching about Fox News or posting a video that referenced Furgeson.

But I'm glad you still love me.

I wasn't the one bitching about Fox News or posting a video that referenced Furgeson.

But I'm glad you still love me.

I do, but if a cat rubs against your leg or a dog licks you in the face every time you try to sit down and read the paper, you generally get attached, even if you're not an animal person.