La. Tech to face North Texas for homecoming

Harry

RUSTON Louisiana Tech University officials announced Wednesday that the schools annual homecoming weekend will surround the Bulldogs Nov. 7 football game against North Texas.

Read more: http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sports/college/louisiana-tech/2015/04/22/la-tech-face-north-texas-homecoming/26176489/

Who knows. I think his ego clouds his judgement far too often and that is where our problem lies. D Smith could come in and light the world on fire in the fall, but we may not see him until AM falls apart and the season is already trending south. I hope I'm wrong. We might see another 3 QB rotation again for the second straight year before it's all said and done. It's going to be hard to stay optimistic about this season for the next 4 months.

honestly, NT would be my pick for homecoming... what exactly have we done to indicate that we're going to be any better than last year? especially on the road (0-6).

I'm sure we will be better on the road. I mean, we even scheduled an extra road game against a P5 this year to prove it...

• Downvote 2

If you want to play your homecoming game in late October or early November, La Tech had the choice of Middle Tenn or us. All their other home games were too early or too late. There is more to setting the date for homecoming than just picking a beatable opponent.

We spoiled their homecoming before, let's do it again. The series is close to even.

If you want to play your homecoming game in late October or early November, La Tech had the choice of Middle Tenn or us. All their other home games were too early or too late. There is more to setting the date for homecoming than just picking a beatable opponent.

We spoiled their homecoming before, let's do it again. The series is close to even.

Yep...have been on the committee at two different university stops that was charged with selecting homecoming dates. At neither university did the committee ever discuss who the opponent was to be. It was all about timing for events, weather, other local events, HC events and times, when it was in relation to parent weekend, etc. Not once did we discuss opponents and who they might be. Now, grant you this is only a sample size of two and has been a few years ago, but it is my personal experience with this sort of thing. Others serving on such a committee may have an entirely different experience.

Just go win the darn game...better to beat them on their homecoming anyway.

• Downvote 1

Homecomings have always been and will always be 'usually' against what the administration and athletic department believes to be a beatable team. It's just the way it is and anything to say otherwise is being naive and unwilling to come to terms with us as an annual HC game for opposing programs. It speaks volumes of where we stand as a football program.

• Upvote 1