DaMarcus Smith, JUCO QB Transfer Status

cogido

Whatt do you suppose "Using a SMU helmet for motovation" means ?

Just that. Saw them using it during the circle drill at a practice to fire up the players and I believe they had it after practice during a "chat"about the SMU game. Just some motivational stuff that college players get fired up about.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Don't know how I missed Bret Vito's earlier blog on D'Smith at QB. My bad. Vito is our Galloway voice, solid. Need a little sarcasmn and humor Bret. "Long time reader and listener " I didn't know Smith was on the ground,If Little Mac slows, bring in "D".

Mac said that to get the UNT fan base riled up.

That is all.

I disagree. I think he did it to set himself up positively, no matter what. Saying something along the lines of "hey, this isn't a rivalry when they've beaten us almost everytime we've ever played."

To me, I heard it as "look, we've never had much success against these guys so if we lose then can you blame me? But if we win then hey, leave it to Coach Mac to beat a team other North Texas coaches have struggled against."

It was kind of like when he was saying it was ridiculous to get votes to win the west after losing so many starters, and that the expectations shouldn't be that high. He likes to set himself up to where if we don't win then he already has laid things out where it doesn't look as bad on him. At least IMO.

Edited by BillySee58

I disagree. I think he did it to set himself up positively, no matter what. Saying something along the lines of "hey, this isn't a rivalry when they've beaten us almost everytime we've ever played."

To me, I heard it as "look, we've never had much success against these guys so if we lose then can you blame me? But if we win then hey, leave it to Coach Mac to beat a team other North Texas coaches have struggled against."

It was kind of like when he was saying it was ridiculous to get votes to win the west after losing so many starters, and that the expectations shouldn't be that high. He likes to set himself up to where if we don't win then he already has laid things out where it doesn't look as bad on him. At least IMO.

This is more accurate than we'll ever know. Accountability is a big thing to Mac, unless that accountability falls on himself. He's quick to give us lip service to the tune of what we want to hear and he'll verbally accept "responsibility," but when is a program defining change going to be implemented to note that self proclaimed accountability? Lip service does nothing for me, seeing real change on the field and in philosophical beliefs allow me to buy in. Up to this point there has been no real change, talk for sure, but no actual change.
  • Downvote 2

Yup..... Ugh

When Coach Mac was at ISU, they absolutely owned Iowa. He knew that game mattered more to ISU than it ever mattered to Iowa, so he got his team up for it and they usually won the game, no matter where it was played. Some years, that win was part of a winning season, but often it was a part of a losing season. I expect that the SMU series will look a lot like this to McCarney, too. He knows this is the one game that the fanbase wants more than anything else, which is just sad for a lot of reasons, chief of which is that SMU isn't anywhere close to the SWC version that the older alums hated so much. They are on par with La Tech or Rice, but that's what the fanbase wants, so I expect Coach Mac to continue to play this game up to his team and to the fans.